• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Next saga for poor Petie.........chapter 4 of the "Saga that is bun Dentals"

hannah.mc

Warren Scout
Next saga for poor Petie.........chapter 4 of the "Saga that is bun Dentals"

Right, my poor little man has survived 3 weeks of ineffectual treatment from ineffectual vets, he's survived 4 weeks of much more aggressive treatment from a much more capable vet.....he's now survived having the whole flipping lot of scar tissue removed (thyroid etc fortunately not also removed.....) and NOW the poor bun has a post-op fluid collection (seroma if we're getting fancy!!!) So, he gets to continue his depocillin and if it's no different in ten days or so I guess it's back to the vet to open up his wound slightly? Any thoughts?

:love:

Sorry i've missed all the background to this, but he sounds a tough little bun, sending him some positive get better soon vibes ;)

Sorry, my memory is rubbish...I remember Petie has an abscess, but I can't remember whereabouts, or if he's had x-rays...Can you give us a bit of a catch-up on what's been happening? :wave:

Sorry, my memory is rubbish...I remember Petie has an abscess, but I can't remember whereabouts, or if he's had x-rays...Can you give us a bit of a catch-up on what's been happening? :wave:

L side of face, had lots of XRs, did try longer post but laptop crashed!!!!!!!

Further update for Petie...........
2 weeks post op (normal XRs of jaw, spine and knees lots of arthritis but gets round well on them!!!) and Petie's seroma suddenly dissappeared over the weekend!It had been really very large and within a 3 day period completely went. He's eating better (I think alot of what I thought had been eating had just been chewing) and poos are a much better size.
I've stopped his depocillin (hooray no more injections) and dropped his metacam to once daily (more for his arthritis than anything else)
So after 3 months of sick rabbit and a sum of money I don't wish to think about he seems to be well and truely on the mend.
Thanks for all the support xxxxx

:love:

Further update.............

I'm back from a week away to find a very mischievious Peter Rabbit.......he's now off all of his medications so finger crossed he's doing well.I had to chase him round the sofa to take him out to bed!!!!!! Munchkin!!!!
Keeping a very close eye on his jaw though, after everything he and I have been through it'll be a very close eye!!!!
Thanks for support xxx

Back