• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soft or Stalky?

Becca24

Mama Doe
I am thinking of getting some hay from Dust Free Hay in the hope that it being dust free will help my hayfever. I cant decide on wether to go for soft, stalky or one of each.

Who else uses this hay and would you reccommend? The only thing I am thinking is that I only have Pip at the moment so is this alot of hay for one rabbit?

Mine enjoy ...reaaaally enjoy Burns Oat Hay, nice and stalky....and there is no wastage! ;) I add a bit each day to their normal hay for variety :D

Mine prefer stalky hays in general - I've not tried the soft Dust Free hay, but can definitely recommend the stalky. :)

Hay lasts for absolutely ages, so don't worry about not using it very quickly - it just means you need somewhere to store it all. :lol:

mine like both. The soft is quite stalky at the moment. Your one bun should go through it in 2 weeks - 1 month or so if you are using only dfh so I wouldn't worry about over ordering.

I just got a big bale of stalky from them and thought that it was quite soft :shock:

It is no stalkier than the farm bales that I buy for £3 :roll:

Quite disappointed as I thought that I would treat the buns to some nice stalky hay and it is no different (our hay isn't very dusty at all).

I last bought some stalky DFH a few months ago and it was totally different, I know it varies but the bunnies are just looking at me as if to say "what is the big deal"

DFH's latest batch is nowhere near as good as normal. I'm just using it all up in litter trays etc and am waiting in eager anticipation of the 2010 cut being better! All pray for a good hay-making summer.

Back