• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for Rex owners...

River

Warren Scout
So I met a rex the other day at a rescue, and I held her and i fell in love with her. Im not sure of any of her details except that she had HUGE black eyes, an incredibly soft rex coat in the typical greyish colour with white undercoat. And the big double chin as well. But she was by far the best bunny i've ever met. I held her and she started falling asleep. She was so calm, so gentle, so friendly. When i went to put her down she didnt jump out of my hands or anything she just carefully slid out of my hands.

I went back to see her today and she was exactly the same. The only time she squirmed was when i tried to hold her horizontally in my arms, but as soon as i put her back up against my chest she was so happy. And within a couple minutes of petting she was falling asleep in my arms.

So my question is.. Did I find the worlds snuggliest rabbit, or is calmness a rex trait?

I have got a rex bunny. She's calm, extremely intelligent and greedy. I have never seen her binky; she doesn't waste time and energy. Whenever I let all four of my house bunnies free-range in the garden, she's the only one that doesn't run around like a mad thing. She prefers eating instead.:lol:
I love her! :love::love::love::love:

Some Rexes are completely chilled out, others jumpy and skittish and not liking to be held. It really depends on the Rabbit, not on the 'Rexness'

She sounds lovely :)

ETA- Every Rex I have ever met has been VERY greedy !! :lol:

They're definately greedy and definately smart

For snuggliness, Kylo loves to sit on my lap and just be stroked, Phoenix loves a cuddle in your arm but wont stay still if you sit down, and Indi will have noserubs but doesnt like being held unless you are going somwhere, so they're all different i guess!!

Sounds to me like you have found one uber-chilled snuggle bunny! :love::love::love: GET HER NOW!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I have got a rex bunny. She's extremely intelligent .....

i think snuggliest is just down to the individual bunny rather than a characteristic of the breed but if there is one rex trait that i would agree with it would be this one.

My rex isn't so keen on being fussed,she is VERY clever and loves to jump on my knee for treats but that's as cuddly as she gets!

Mine must come under the "skittish" category. :lol: He's utterly adorable but only wants a cuddle on his terms. Hates being picked up but will jump on my lap if I am sitting down, but if I pick him up to put him there he jumps straight off!

when we first got winston he was a mummys boy followed me everywhere, lay on his back beside me came to bed lots of snuggles loved being close etc etc.
Then we got angel and he decide his cred was going down so he no longer does any of it to the same extent but hes still hoppy and bouncy and loves to be chased binkying.
Totally depends on the bun but the fact you have felt something for her means she must be the one for you and she'll find her way to you somehow...then you'll find the real her the chewy little bun who loves to do stuff to get wrong and eats for england dont leave anything lying around or it'll be in her stomach.
Obv big problems with rexes are there feet if you dont already know so worth learning about bedding etc
x

My Rex Gilbert is a shy quiet boy.
He enjoys nose rubs but does not like to be held.
He holds his own with his very bossy wifebun, actually is very bossy with her too. They are both very vocal with each other & she became more vocal with him than with her previous husbun. So that must be his influence.
Gil loves to flop but doesn't binky much. As Jane says Rexs are foodies - Gilbert loves to eat & I have to watch his weight.
The Rex girl at the rescue sounds divine, think you should snap her up before someone else does.
Oh & check her hocks - Rex buns are more prone to sore hocks than other buns as they have no guard hairs.
Please report back with photos :)

Autumn (Mini Rex) was super snuggly as a baby. As she's got older though shes definately become more independant. She enjoys being fussed but mostly she's to busy exploring to be bothered with it.

All your buns sound lovely! :love: I defintely think that she must be some sort of special exception, as she is incredibly, and i mean incredibly calm. Granted she's still at teh rescue and would probably change once she got home and who knows how she'd be then, but as of now she's incredibly snuggly and kind.

Right now I have NO money, or else I would bring her home in no time. As it is im debating if I can manage it :S I'll keep you updated. If she's still at the rescue in about a month, when I'm back on my feet financially, chances are, I'll get her.

I recently adopted a rex boy and having only experienced lops before I can see a difference, he is more active and deffo greedy, I have to move my fingers when I give him his food! :lol: Although that might be cause he wasn't exactly spoilt with choice in his last home and now he is getting a'la'carte everyday, he is adorable, they even commented in the vets on what a lovely little fella he is - in his own territory he is a bit more lively but he is an absolute darling, he was good as gold when I adminstered ointment into his eyes and he'd only known me a couple of weeks.

Back