• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please for Angel...

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
Angel has been re-admitted tonight as she didn't seem herself and the vet says her tummy is enlarged again. :?:cry::cry:
The good(ish) news is that the vet says her tummy feels gassy rather than solidly blocked.

I've manged to get Blake to the vets with her, so feel better that she's not on her own tonight.

I'll be calling the vets in an hour or so for an update.

Please send vibes, I can't believe this is happening again :cry::cry::cry:

I don't think it's that uncommon for them to have another similar upset after bloat/blockage episodes, sending mega-vibes that this is a very minor after-shock and nothing serious.

Thanks guys. It's been 2 or 3 weeks since the op and the vet said she doesn't think it's related.
I feel like pulling my hair out. I know I have to do the best for Angel, but the previous vets bill was £1k and this has been another £80 today. Then another £80 for xray tomorrow if needed.

On the plus side, I spent an hour with Dude and Bella tonight watching them groom and snuggle. :love:

Oh no:cry: Hope she's ok - she's a little fighter that one:love: I was only thinking about how she rugby tackled me to the floor one day when I walked in with veg:love::love::love::love:

Oh no:cry: Hope she's ok - she's a little fighter that one:love: I was only thinking about how she rugby tackled me to the floor one day when I walked in with veg:love::love::love::love:

Ha! She's a trooper - she's coming home tonight :love:

Vet called me this morning and her stomach has gone back to normal size and she's eating and pooing etc.

Am sooo glad I took her down when I did though, even though it was another £80 :shock:

Am taking Dude and Bella down to vets for 6.30 for their jabs, then once Angel and Blake have had their jabs too, I'll be bringing all 4 of the bunsters home :love:

Sooo relieved.

It would have been kind of ironic really if anything bad had happened, as I only posted off a thank you card to my vet 2 days ago to say thanks for all they did when she was really ill a few weeks back. Was starting to wonder if i'd jinxed things! :roll::lol:

Thanks for the vibes :wave:

Glad to hear your bun is ok. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if it was a post-op slow-down of the GI tract over several weeks culminating in an acute bloat episode... this is completely possible in my book considering how long ileus/stasis can precipitate on in the background for with only very subtle symptoms which are easily missed.
Glad bun is ok now and coming home :)

Back