• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WTF am i doing wrong - yukky pic added

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
ive just been up and found a load of uneaten special poops. i only gave one leaf of savoy and one leaf of green cabbage this morning and a few bramble leaves on the odd occasion i pop upstairs. they are both eating and drinking hay well and i gave the amount of pellets Lou told me to.

i just dont get it :? and it is seriously knocking my confidence on bunny care.. Alvin has had no issues for two weeks now and i get them home this happens :cry::cry::cry::cry:

it dont smell bad though :?

Last edited:
It is no doubt just because they have had a stressful and unsettled few days.

I wouldnt worry too much hun.

Pip was doing this a the other week and I introduced some romaine lettuce and it stopped and today has started again and I have no idea why!! So frustrating isnt it!! :(

My four buns all get exactly the same food, but Clover sometime has extra poops that are uneaten - guess he just has a different gut to the others!!! Makes you worry, tho, doesn't it?:?

Donna when I first go my two home there were a few uneaten special poops! It takes them a while to settle in honey:love: I was on the forum straight away tho:oops:

But it settled after about three days

aww here Im gonna show what an amateur I am :oops:

so Im guessing the special poops is them the do on a night and eat?? forgot name lol

how do you know if they havent eaten them?

Stress often causes upset tums with my two - Poppy can get excess caecals from stress. She also can NOT tolerate cabbage of any kind unless it is a tiny amount and homegrown and I mean tiny amount. Savoy is the worst for her.

ive just been up and found a load of uneaten special poops. i only gave one leaf of savoy and one leaf of green cabbage this morning and a few bramble leaves on the odd occasion i pop upstairs. they are both eating and drinking hay well and i gave the amount of pellets Lou told me to.

i just dont get it :? and it is seriously knocking my confidence on bunny care.. Alvin has had no issues for two weeks now and i get them home this happens :cry::cry::cry::cry:

it dont smell bad though :?

my girls sometimes leave them - it's because they disturb each other before they have time to munch on them - it's nothing wrong with their diet :) Benny ALWAYS leaves them on the patio if I let him out after 10.30am (when I clean out his hutch is only time) - just because he's not in his hutch he doesn't eat them for some daft reason!

ok so i wont panic just yet then. :?

maybe leave the veg out totally and start from fresh as if they are baby buns i guess.

again i question whether buns are the right pet for me :roll::roll:

ok so i wont panic just yet then. :?

maybe leave the veg out totally and start from fresh as if they are baby buns i guess.

again i question whether buns are the right pet for me :roll::roll:

*slap*!!! don't be silly! they will take a while to settle, I found that the new bun is usually the one who has to get settled... they just have so much to see and do they forget to eat the poopies:oops:

I have said poop far too much for one day... :oops:

I think they will be fine.. Alvie is still eating yeah????:)

As i said it happened with me.. I panicked too, but its normal

Louie doesn't always eat his either.

I do hate it though when he sits chuffing on them when I'm having something to eat myself! :mrgreen:

Louie doesn't always eat his either.

I do hate it though when he sits chuffing on them when I'm having something to eat myself! :mrgreen:

especially when they make that noisy chewing sound, slapping their little chops in delight:lol:

donna, rabbits are for you. chances are that they are getting disturbed mid-munch - don't think anybun likes to go back to an old and cold one:D

plenty hay being troughed and lots of lovely normal poops?

especially when they make that noisy chewing sound, slapping their little chops in delight:lol:

donna, rabbits are for you. chances are that they are getting disturbed mid-munch - don't think anybun likes to go back to an old and cold one:D

i havent cleaned the old poops away so im not sure how many are new.. theres a lot though over the last 24 hours and holly is hay mad.

i will have to annoy them tomorrow and poop clean lol

Yuck, yes, and their jaws moving really fast cos they are enjoying them sooo much :shock:

Back