PDA

View Full Version : WTF am i doing wrong - yukky pic added

donnamt
29-04-2010, 06:02 PM
ive just been up and found a load of uneaten special poops. i only gave one leaf of savoy and one leaf of green cabbage this morning and a few bramble leaves on the odd occasion i pop upstairs. they are both eating and drinking hay well and i gave the amount of pellets Lou told me to.

i just dont get it :? and it is seriously knocking my confidence on bunny care.. Alvin has had no issues for two weeks now and i get them home this happens :cry::cry::cry::cry:

it dont smell bad though :?

Snowberry
29-04-2010, 06:04 PM
It is no doubt just because they have had a stressful and unsettled few days.

I wouldnt worry too much hun.

Becca24
29-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Pip was doing this a the other week and I introduced some romaine lettuce and it stopped and today has started again and I have no idea why!! So frustrating isnt it!! :(

Blackberry & Co
My four buns all get exactly the same food, but Clover sometime has extra poops that are uneaten - guess he just has a different gut to the others!!! Makes you worry, tho, doesn't it?:?

Shellypops
Donna when I first go my two home there were a few uneaten special poops! It takes them a while to settle in honey:love: I was on the forum straight away tho:oops:

But it settled after about three days

Princessrabbit
29-04-2010, 06:11 PM
aww here Im gonna show what an amateur I am :oops:

so Im guessing the special poops is them the do on a night and eat?? forgot name lol

how do you know if they havent eaten them?

Blackberry & Co
29-04-2010, 06:11 PM
aww here Im gonna show what an amateur I am :oops:

so Im guessing the special poops is them the do on a night and eat?? forgot name lol

how do you know if they havent eaten them?

you can see them on the floor - they look completely different to the regular poops!:lol:

Princessrabbit
29-04-2010, 06:15 PM
you can see them on the floor - they look completely different to the regular poops!:lol:

well they all look the same, so guessing shes eaten them :?

Suzanne
29-04-2010, 06:17 PM
One of my buns always leaves one every morning. She's not ill so I don't worry about it.

prettylupin
29-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Stress often causes upset tums with my two - Poppy can get excess caecals from stress. She also can NOT tolerate cabbage of any kind unless it is a tiny amount and homegrown and I mean tiny amount. Savoy is the worst for her.

elve_mk2
29-04-2010, 06:23 PM
ive just been up and found a load of uneaten special poops. i only gave one leaf of savoy and one leaf of green cabbage this morning and a few bramble leaves on the odd occasion i pop upstairs. they are both eating and drinking hay well and i gave the amount of pellets Lou told me to.

i just dont get it :? and it is seriously knocking my confidence on bunny care.. Alvin has had no issues for two weeks now and i get them home this happens :cry::cry::cry::cry:

it dont smell bad though :?

my girls sometimes leave them - it's because they disturb each other before they have time to munch on them - it's nothing wrong with their diet :) Benny ALWAYS leaves them on the patio if I let him out after 10.30am (when I clean out his hutch is only time) - just because he's not in his hutch he doesn't eat them for some daft reason!

donnamt
29-04-2010, 06:29 PM
ok so i wont panic just yet then. :?

maybe leave the veg out totally and start from fresh as if they are baby buns i guess.

again i question whether buns are the right pet for me :roll::roll:

Shellypops
29-04-2010, 06:37 PM
ok so i wont panic just yet then. :?

maybe leave the veg out totally and start from fresh as if they are baby buns i guess.

again i question whether buns are the right pet for me :roll::roll:

*slap*!!! don't be silly! they will take a while to settle, I found that the new bun is usually the one who has to get settled... they just have so much to see and do they forget to eat the poopies:oops:

I have said poop far too much for one day... :oops:

I think they will be fine.. Alvie is still eating yeah????:)

As i said it happened with me.. I panicked too, but its normal

donnamt
29-04-2010, 06:41 PM
when he stops humping long enough he will have a munch of hay :roll:

Sparkle x
29-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Donna i wouldnt worry, i often find them when the buns are out in the run :wave:

*lily*
29-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Louie doesn't always eat his either.

I do hate it though when he sits chuffing on them when I'm having something to eat myself! :mrgreen:

halfpenny
29-04-2010, 07:20 PM
when he stops humping long enough he will have a munch of hay :roll:

Sounds like they may have other things on their minds.:lol:

As long as they are eating and pooping, I wouldn't worry if they are bright and alert.

poppymoon
29-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Louie doesn't always eat his either.

I do hate it though when he sits chuffing on them when I'm having something to eat myself! :mrgreen:

especially when they make that noisy chewing sound, slapping their little chops in delight:lol:

donna, rabbits are for you. chances are that they are getting disturbed mid-munch - don't think anybun likes to go back to an old and cold one:D

plenty hay being troughed and lots of lovely normal poops?

donnamt
29-04-2010, 07:24 PM
especially when they make that noisy chewing sound, slapping their little chops in delight:lol:

donna, rabbits are for you. chances are that they are getting disturbed mid-munch - don't think anybun likes to go back to an old and cold one:D

i havent cleaned the old poops away so im not sure how many are new.. theres a lot though over the last 24 hours and holly is hay mad.

i will have to annoy them tomorrow and poop clean lol

*lily*
29-04-2010, 07:27 PM

Yuck, yes, and their jaws moving really fast cos they are enjoying them sooo much :shock:

Blackberry & Co
29-04-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm finding it quite reassuring that other peoples buns leave those poops! I thought it was just Clover! Everyone else seemed to have buns with perfect digestive systems:lol:

donnamt
29-04-2010, 07:35 PM
I'm finding it quite reassuring that other peoples buns leave those poops! I thought it was just Clover! Everyone else seemed to have buns with perfect digestive systems:lol:

i know, makes you feel useless dont it :oops::oops: its worse because he was fine at the rescue and holly was too once she perked up.. get em home and it all goes wrong :oops:

Elena
29-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Mini is notorious for them too. :? You never know what to do for the best.

raine
29-04-2010, 07:57 PM
What about only feeding one veg at a time and seeing if its one particular type that can be aggravating his poos.

Blackberry & Co
29-04-2010, 07:58 PM
What about only feeding one veg at a time and seeing if its one particular type that can be aggravating his poos.

I've worked out with Clo that cabbage is best avoided. You can soon tell which veg makes things worse:)

donnamt
29-04-2010, 07:59 PM

thats my plan in a few days :D i dont know holly's veg history either so i need to be careful with her little tum too dont i.

i know they was ok on a handful each of A&P each night, so for now ill stick to that

Princessrabbit
29-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Yuck, yes, and their jaws moving really fast cos they are enjoying them sooo much :shock:

:lol: :lol: reminds me of when my 6 yr old caught princess just having gobbled one up 'ewww mum princess has eaten her poop'

Becca24
29-04-2010, 10:34 PM
How comes none of you lot all told me about your rabbits leaving cecals when I posted about Pip doing it?? :(

Blackberry & Co
29-04-2010, 10:36 PM
How comes none of you lot all told me about your rabbits leaving cecals when I posted about Pip doing it?? :(

If I'd seen your post I'd have replied (if it was over 2 weeks ago I hadn't joined!) - would have reassured me if I'd seen a similar post earlier :)

Shellypops
30-04-2010, 08:36 AM

That face when they are eating it, and the bum twitch:lol:.. they look so pleased with themselves:love:

Princessrabbit
30-04-2010, 08:43 AM
That face when they are eating it, and the bum twitch:lol:.. they look so pleased with themselves:love:

haha I gotta admit I have seen princess eating something I supspected was poop and she did look to be in ecstasy :lol:
they should be pleased though theyre doing something good for them :)

Shellypops
30-04-2010, 08:45 AM
haha I gotta admit I have seen princess eating something I supspected was poop and she did look to be in ecstasy :lol:
they should be pleased though theyre doing something good for them :)

Yeah its the narrowed eyes and they "do" smile def... *twitch twitch*

donnamt
30-04-2010, 03:12 PM
its deffo holly leaving the special poops and not Alvin, she just left some more but im not sure if thats because i just went up and disturbed her while she was in the litter tray and she ran to hide leaving some on the floor and in the carrier as she scarpered :(

shes refusing everything im offering but is eating her pellets (at bedtime) and loads of hay. when im not in the room.

is it just the fear do you think is why shes not taking stuff from me?

fook knows how im going to get panacur in without making her terrified of me :(

Shellypops
30-04-2010, 03:17 PM
its deffo holly leaving the special poops and not Alvin, she just left some more but im not sure if thats because i just went up and disturbed her while she was in the litter tray and she ran to hide leaving some on the floor and in the carrier as she scarpered :(

shes refusing everything im offering but is eating her pellets (at bedtime) and loads of hay. when im not in the room.

is it just the fear do you think is why shes not taking stuff from me?

fook knows how im going to get panacur in without making her terrified of me :(

haha you are as bad as me bird!:lol:

Carlo was the one leaving special poops and he also was scared of veg!:roll:

I just sort of let him be after a while of trying to get him to eat out of my hand!

After a while Bobby was munching on greens and he came over to investigate.. and pulled the leaves out of her mouth, then ran into the corner and ate the stolen goods in private:lol:

He will now take it out of my hand but that has taken about three weeks to get to that stage..

I make sure bob is eating first.. then I put some in front of him so she doesn't steal it!

He STILL wants what Bobby has tho.. even tho he has a bigger pile in fron t of him!

It really takes a good week or so till everything settles hun.. I was really worried when finding poops like that, but I haven't found any for at least two weeks now:D

ETA he is still scared of Carrot.. cos carrot is dead scary

donnamt
30-04-2010, 03:22 PM
im acting like its my first rabbit arent i :oops::oops::oops:

after pearl and with Alvins tummy im pretty convinced something will go wrong so im on a high alert. i dont want to leave the panacur too long but i dont want to upset her neither... arrrggghhhhhh it was supposed to be easier :lol::lol::lol::lol:

haha you are as bad as me bird!:lol:

Carlo was the one leaving special poops and he also was scared of veg!:roll:

I just sort of let him be after a while of trying to get him to eat out of my hand!

After a while Bobby was munching on greens and he came over to investigate.. and pulled the leaves out of her mouth, then ran into the corner and ate the stolen goods in private:lol:

He will now take it out of my hand but that has taken about three weeks to get to that stage..

I make sure bob is eating first.. then I put some in front of him so she doesn't steal it!

He STILL wants what Bobby has tho.. even tho he has a bigger pile in fron t of him!

It really takes a good week or so till everything settles hun.. I was really worried when finding poops like that, but I haven't found any for at least two weeks now:D

ETA he is still scared of Carrot.. cos carrot is dead scary

Shellypops
30-04-2010, 03:28 PM
im acting like its my first rabbit arent i :oops::oops::oops:

after pearl and with Alvins tummy im pretty convinced something will go wrong so im on a high alert. i dont want to leave the panacur too long but i dont want to upset her neither... arrrggghhhhhh it was supposed to be easier :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its only natural babe.. I am exactly the same, I mean its easy for me to sit here and say don't panic.. but you should see the states that I get myself into:shock:

donnamt
30-04-2010, 04:19 PM
i hope i dont have to make a vets dash this bank holiday weekend :(

shes not acting ill so it must just be the whole new life thing huh. im sure lou said her old mom was feeding her bird seed as a treat to say goodbye and she was fine at the rescue even with a dodgy diet.

i must learn patience and less panic :oops::oops:

thumps_
30-04-2010, 04:58 PM
YOU ARE DOING NOTHING WRONG donnamt.

As said beforethe most likely reason is the added stress. Poor Holly has been moved around from pillar to post. Original home (not nice) -rescue, -forever home, but she doesn't know that. She's still got to learn that humans mean that nice things will happen NOT nasty things.

You are doing the right things.

I really hoping that this will all settle down quickly. try a few brambles too.

I miss a lot on here. Should things get worse & (I'm very hopeful that they won't) it's important to remember to tell your fantastic vet about the previous bird seed in her diet. *mutters some choice words under breath.*

Keep your head hun. You are one of the best bunny mummies out here, trouble is that it plays on our nerves after time.Give me a pm if it doesn't settle & I miss your thread. ;)

donnamt
30-04-2010, 05:41 PM
i know im being irrational. im almost used to the new me :oops::oops:

i just have this fear in the pit of my stomach she will get ill and die before ive had chance to persuade her im a good bunny mummy and she is allowed to love me :oops::oops::oops: ofcourse noone but RU knows this, to the world im estatic i have my new bunny home. maybe too soon to get a new bunny for me. but Alvin is happy and she is extermely relaxed when im not in the room :love: and that i suppose is all that matters at this moment in time.

the fact shes so scred also makes me cry for Pearl because i know now 1111100000% she really loved me because she had no fear of me at all :cry::cry:

gosh im a wreck and i have no alcohol :shock::shock:

thumps_
30-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Oh dear, I've put it badly. You aren't crackers either donnamt. :lol:
It's more like when we've been kicked at both ends repeatedly by life, without out a break we can get in a certain mind set.

Owning up time. I'd go on a downer in the 3 weeks before Christmas because years ago there'd be office parties & children being killed on the roads. This was followed by the gifts of unopened christmas presents, with no recipient any more, to the children's ward (really got to me).
With various changes we didn't have this pre Christmas tragedy, but I kept on having the pre Christmas downer for about 8 years until I realised what it was about.

It's about realising things have changed when we've been under a lot of pressure for a long time. And sometimes we need folk on the outside to give us a gentle nudge or 2 or 3 cos it's a difficult mind set to get out of on your own.
Hey it's good that Alvin's tummy is bearing up. (I don't expect you to tempt fate!!) :lol::lol:

donnamt
01-05-2010, 11:37 AM
just found a load more poops... *gutted* i have no idea whats up with her because she dont look ill :? shes producing millions of normal poops and eating hay like theres no tomorrow.

when do i panic and go the vets? cant believe another healthy bunny comes to my house and is going to have tummy issues :cry::cry:

Shellypops
01-05-2010, 11:41 AM
I still found them for a week Donna, is she eating veg and pellet as well??

Blackberry & Co
01-05-2010, 11:42 AM
just found a load more poops... *gutted* i have no idea whats up with her because she dont look ill :? shes producing millions of normal poops and eating hay like theres no tomorrow.

when do i panic and go the vets? cant believe another healthy bunny comes to my house and is going to have tummy issues :cry::cry:

Out of my 4 they all eat the same healthy diet, but Clo still has extra poops that he doesn't eat. My vet says he's healthy, and probably a bit lazy too!!! Some days he eats them all, others there are between 1 & 3 uneaten - it all depends what veg he's had.

If it will reassure you then take her for a check up. I was getting paranoid about Clo and was getting ready to take him to the vets til i joined here and read about everyone elses experiences - now I'm far less freaked out by these things :D

Shellypops
01-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Out of my 4 they all eat the same healthy diet, but Clo still has extra poops that he doesn't eat. My vet says he's healthy, and probably a bit lazy too!!! Some days he eats them all, others there are between 1 & 3 uneaten - it all depends what veg he's had.

If it will reassure you then take her for a check up. I was getting paranoid about Clo and was getting ready to take him to the vets til i joined here and read about everyone elses experiences - now I'm far less freaked out by these things :D

snap!:)

donnamt
01-05-2010, 11:45 AM
I still found them for a week Donna, is she eating veg and pellet as well??

i admit i did give them 1 leaf of veg this morning :oops::oops:

im gonna cut back on the pellets tonight i think.

i thought Carlos cleared up after a few days.. a week kills my panic slightly :D

today is the 3rd day i have found them :(

Shellypops
01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
i admit i did give them 1 leaf of veg this morning :oops::oops:

im gonna cut back on the pellets tonight i think.

i thought Carlos cleared up after a few days.. a week kills my panic slightly :D

today is the 3rd day i have found them :(

Well to be honest I had another couple yesterday... so I think maybe I am being a bit heavy handed with the veg:oops:

I think it was about 4-7 days... it seemed like for ever tho!:roll:

donnamt
02-05-2010, 06:00 PM
just found some more today :(:(

that 4 days and ive given no veg since yesterday.

Snowy
02-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Cut down on her pellets, I find that if any of mine have excess 'special' poops it's because they have had too many pellets, it's not usually the veg

Give it a try

ETA I don't know what she is on but Excel is well know for it

donnamt
02-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Cut down on her pellets, I find that if any of mine have excess 'special' poops it's because they have had too many pellets, it's not usually the veg

Give it a try

ETA I don't know what she is on but Excel is well know for it

shes on Allen and page :D

i just phoned lou and she thinks its possibly the mxyi vaccine thats made them taste abit funny. im not to stop the veg though. and not to panic until she acts like shes feeling abit off :D a binkying bunny is not feeling poorly :love::love:

Snowy
02-05-2010, 06:28 PM

i just phoned lou and she thinks its possibly the mxyi vaccine thats made them taste abit funny. im not to stop the veg though. and not to panic until she acts like shes feeling abit off :D a binkying bunny is not feeling poorly :love::love:

Oh OK, wasn't sure what she was on, but if she is binkying around then there isn't much wrong with her, she probably wants to scare the s**t out of you and keep you on your toes

Try not to panic, I am sure she will be fine, just keep an eye on her, good luck

donnamt
02-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Oh OK, wasn't sure what she was on, but if she is binkying around then there isn't much wrong with her, she probably wants to scare the s**t out of you and keep you on your toes

Try not to panic, I am sure she will be fine, just keep an eye on her, good luck

thankyou :D:D

Shellypops
03-05-2010, 10:52 AM
:D

Aha I wonder if the reason I am finding a few is the myxi vacz:? That would tie in..

if she is binkying I am sure she is fine

donnamt
03-05-2010, 11:04 AM
fingers crossed she starts eating her little gems soon :lol::lol:

drpengie
03-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Fingers crossed for you Donna *hugs* x

Bunny Buddy
03-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Artie rarely eats all his poops. He's been thoroughly investigated and we just can't find a reason for it. His expert vet doesn't seem concerned about it now, when I mention it, it really doesn't become an issue. My main worry in that regard now is that I don't stand in them and walk them around for a while before I realise :oops::oops: :mrgreen: Just one of the joys of rabbits :love:

donnamt
03-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Artie rarely eats all his poops. He's been thoroughly investigated and we just can't find a reason for it. His expert vet doesn't seem concerned about it now, when I mention it, it really doesn't become an issue. My main worry in that regard now is that I don't stand in them and walk them around for a while before I realise :oops::oops: :mrgreen: Just one of the joys of rabbits :love:

ewwwwwwwwwwwww :lol::lol::lol::lol:

donnamt
03-05-2010, 01:25 PM
just found her sitting in another pile :( and some smeared on her front paw ewwwww

not as much as yesterday but one pile was less formed and flat in the carpet. her bum is clear though and its not smeared on her apart from the paw :?

still managed to churn my tummy and fear stasis as she refused the 2nd leaf of basil and a bramble leaf. shes now munching hay :oops::oops:

i *think* i disturbed snooze time and maybe the reason shes not eating them is because shes snoozing :?

never had uneaten poops before except a few days before Alvin went into a really bad stasis so i cant help but panic :(

really hope she dont get poorly on me, i cant bear the thought of two stasis buns :cry::cry::cry:

poppymoon
03-05-2010, 01:33 PM
i've only just seen this donna but if she's playing happily and munching when she wants, try not to worry too much. i was going to ask if she's had a jab recently as both of my buns tend to go off eating all of their special poops for a while after (at times like these tho, i've noticed that they sometimes munch on waste pellets:?).

also, bear in mind that not all buns are greedy heiffers:D eric used to scoff all of his food when i put it out but as he's got older, he tends to graze then leave it til later. maybe holly prefers to eat like that?

donnamt
03-05-2010, 01:36 PM
yeah since she got here shes not been a major greed. she loves her pellets but even they get left till later ive noticed.

wish i could turn my panic off, im sounding neurotic i know i am... i think i got her too soon im so scared of illness :cry::cry::cry:

thumps_
03-05-2010, 01:37 PM
There could be a very simple explanation that Alvin keeps pestering her before she can eat them.:idea:

As long as they don't stink, I wouldn't worry. She's eating loads of hay which is good. A few brambles will help to keep things moving too.
We've had this in the past & it hasn't ended anywhere near stasis, honest.

donnamt
03-05-2010, 01:39 PM
There could be a very simple explanation that Alvin keeps pestering her before she can eat them.:idea:

As long as they don't stink, I wouldn't worry. She's eating loads of hay which is good. A few brambles will help to keep things moving too.
We've had this in the past & it hasn't ended anywhere near stasis, honest.

they ignore each other in the day now, he only gets hump mad when im there or late afternoon/evening time.. he hasnt been near her today, he was fast asleep when i went upstairs (and yep i thought he was dead) :oops:

even right up to my nose it didnt stink thankfully. nice few patches of poop stains on the carpet now :shock:

thumps_
03-05-2010, 01:43 PM
they ignore each other in the day now, he only gets hump mad when im there or late afternoon/evening time.. he hasnt been near her today, he was fast asleep when i went upstairs (and yep i thought he was dead) :oops:

even right up to my nose it didnt stink thankfully. nice few patches of poop stains on the carpet now :shock:

Awww donnamt big hugs. Your nerves are really frazzled.
It's really good the poops don't stink. Dare I say try to relax now?

donnamt
03-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Awww donnamt big hugs. Your nerves are really frazzled.
It's really good the poops don't stink. Dare I say try to relax now?

haha you can but i wont listen :oops:

having a woe is me day, think ive been too hermit this week and my brain is playing up :roll:

not to mention back to work tomorrow and leaving them alone for the whole day is scaring me :censored:less :oops:

Kipper
03-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Could you post a pic of the offending poops? Think they may be the same ones Ive been finding in my little ones cage if so you have nothing to worry about. Mine have been leaving them for quite some time & despite cutting out everything but hay theyre still there. My buns are perfectly healthy & happy :)

donnamt
03-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Could you post a pic of the offending poops? Think they may be the same ones Ive been finding in my little ones cage if so you have nothing to worry about. Mine have been leaving them for quite some time & despite cutting out everything but hay theyre still there. My buns are perfectly healthy & happy :)

they are all mushed up in newspaper in the bin now... ill bet i find some tomorrow so ill get pics then :(

Kipper
03-05-2010, 02:19 PM
I know how you're feeling. After I unexpectedly lost Nibbles I was terrified that something was going to happen to my other buns, even the slightest thing would set me worrying, but several years on my buns are still ok. It sounds like your buns are doing fine & are getting on well together. Keep thinking back to how long Pearl & Alvin lived together without anything going wrong & trust that Alvin & Holly will do so also. Im sure they will be fine tomorrow while you're at work. You're a good bunny mummy, Alvin loves you & Holly does too, she will show you once her confidence has grown. :)

donnamt
03-05-2010, 04:12 PM
I know how you're feeling. After I unexpectedly lost Nibbles I was terrified that something was going to happen to my other buns, even the slightest thing would set me worrying, but several years on my buns are still ok. It sounds like your buns are doing fine & are getting on well together. Keep thinking back to how long Pearl & Alvin lived together without anything going wrong & trust that Alvin & Holly will do so also. Im sure they will be fine tomorrow while you're at work. You're a good bunny mummy, Alvin loves you & Holly does too, she will show you once her confidence has grown. :)

thankyou. Alvin has always been a stasis bun so ive never had a time of non-illness :(

she dont look ill, and shes not doing tummy pressing into the floor or hunching like it hurts. shes grooming well and flopping, head to the floor to sleep. yet my para is still raging because i just dont know her yet and i feel guilty something is a bit off for her not to eat the poops :oops::oops:

donnamt
03-05-2010, 05:55 PM
just found two more piles.

there is a faint smell off these.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z121/donnamt/DSC00214.jpg

donnamt
04-05-2010, 06:18 PM
holly only left me one pile today phewwwww she also seemed abit more alert this morning before i left so im hoping her tummy is starting to sort itself out now..

fingers crossed :)

thumps_
04-05-2010, 06:32 PM
I wonder whether the myxi jab tilted the balance against her.
I think she's got a strong stomach.
She's been through alot of upheaval - bonding - myxi jab - car journey to Alvin's pad - new human (dangerous species in her mind) - completely new livng place with different smells & sounds & a lot of humping!
Put everything together, yes, a fantastic change for the better, but a change & stress on her system all the same.
Sounds as if she's beginning to settle down now. :)

Princessrabbit
04-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Aww poor things been through a lot, we all get dodgy tummys when we're stressed

I can imagine the worry you go through though, we had a bunny for 2 days before Princess, we didn't know he was poorly, just woke one morning and he was gone, and then when we got princess it took me about a mth, before I could sleep a full night without coming down to check on princess

donnamt
04-05-2010, 06:39 PM
well ive just tipped the balance again lol

i just gave them the first of 9 doses of panacur in a basil leaf oooops

donnamt
04-05-2010, 06:43 PM
just to add im fairly confident its not a tooth or weight issue because shes tiny and she eats hay like theres no tomorrow :D

but when i finally pluck up the courage to go for the VHD jab she will be thouroughly checked over im sure by my lovely vet :love:

thumps_
05-05-2010, 10:26 PM
How's everything donnamt?

donnamt
05-05-2010, 10:32 PM
loads more again today. she fought and grunted at being caught and went statue like when i let her go but bum was clear, shes just not eating them... faint smell but nothing like alvins before stasis ones... shes acting normal so ill take it one day at a time... i may just have a bunny who makes too many/too lazy to eat em :?

going to split the pellet allowance to morning and night to see if that clears them up.. if not ill get the vet to check her out when we go for the VHD in a few weeks :D

they are perfectly formed and not splat too...ewwwwww i touched them *pukes*

thumps_
05-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Sounds OK to me, & splitting pellets is a good idea.
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Have you been looking at Thumper's offerings? :lol::lol::lol:
"Splat" is just my unofficial term. I can't spell the vet term. " The ceacum just goes (sounds like a combined raspberry & blurghhhh)" :lol::lol:

bensonlola
05-05-2010, 11:35 PM
well they all look the same, so guessing shes eaten them :?

They are small, squishy, shiney and all stuck to gether like a little smelly, miniature bunch of brown grapes! I used to see them all the time until I wised up and cut down on the pellets. Now I don't see any either. Sometimes I see them reaching around to their rears and then sitting chewing something, like they've got some chewing gum - I assume they are eating poo!! Dirty wee mingers!!! :lol:

donnamt
06-05-2010, 06:59 PM
loads more uneaten poops today and i cant really cut down on pellets any further as they are not getting any veg... dunno whats going on its 7 days now i think :(

poppymoon
06-05-2010, 07:27 PM
maybe she's always been like this but it wasn't noticed before? i suppose some buns who have to be rehomed aren't bothered with by their previous owner.

Vanessa.B
06-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Barney - one of my first buns produced loads of uneaten caecs. After much experimentation and messing around with veg, I eventually then found here and it dawned on me from other's posts that the pellets maybe were to blame.

Barney reacted badly to both Excel and SS but was 'cured' pretty much immediately once I switched to Oxbow Bunny Basics. My theory for this is that both Excel and SS is alfalfa based where as the Oxbow pellets are Timothy hay based. I therefore assumed the alfalfa was too rich for Barney's tummy.

Did you say you use A&P? I wonder if these are alfalfa based and this may be the problem with Holly :?

Just an idea. I know I spent several weeks trying to sort Barney out and remember how anxious I felt.

ravenuk
07-05-2010, 12:23 AM
i find a hand full of clover or dandilions goes a long way to settle problems as it is a more natural remedy

Shellypops
07-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Barney - one of my first buns produced loads of uneaten caecs. After much experimentation and messing around with veg, I eventually then found here and it dawned on me from other's posts that the pellets maybe were to blame.

Barney reacted badly to both Excel and SS but was 'cured' pretty much immediately once I switched to Oxbow Bunny Basics. My theory for this is that both Excel and SS is alfalfa based where as the Oxbow pellets are Timothy hay based. I therefore assumed the alfalfa was too rich for Barney's tummy.

Did you say you use A&P? I wonder if these are alfalfa based and this may be the problem with Holly :?

Just an idea. I know I spent several weeks trying to sort Barney out and remember how anxious I felt.

Changing Bobby from Excel to SS cleared hers up when I first got her, I went through literally a couple of months of getting them. I'm not saying it has to be SS but maybe it is the brand of pelletts that doesn't agree.. My probs have stopped now thank god I have a feeling it was the vacs

donnamt
07-05-2010, 08:33 AM
she wasnt getting them at the rescue and it was Lou who put her on A&P its something about what im doing thats causing them, not the tiny tiny amount of pellets she gets :(:(

Suzanne
07-05-2010, 08:37 AM
The first 6 months of having Rosie she always left loads of uneaten, yucky poops every morning. It was nothing I was doing wrong with regards to diet just the way she was. Even now 4 years later she still leaves one or two every morning. I don't worry anymore so long as she is happy and eating. If you stress about it then she will pick up on your stress.

Shellypops
07-05-2010, 08:42 AM
she wasnt getting them at the rescue and it was Lou who put her on A&P its something about what im doing thats causing them, not the tiny tiny amount of pellets she gets :(:(

Have you seen her eat any sweety? Please try not to worry, as long as she seems healthy and stuff she should be fine untill you get her for a check up!:cry:

As I said when I first got Bobs it took me ages and ages to sort her diet and stomach out, hence the reason I joined RU in December, it took untill about feb to get her have normal poopies, they are just worrisome and I think that beacause you have has such strees with Pearl and Alvie pants, its making you worry more.. She will let you know if she is poorly!

And she Binkies poorly bun buns don't binkie (((HUG))) and here have a virtual rum *clink*.. I know its early but Oh well!

I really feel for you because I stress over ever little thing as well

Amy104
07-05-2010, 09:25 AM
its something about what im doing thats causing them

You really shouldn't be so hard on yourself. You are a great bunny mum. :)

donnamt
07-05-2010, 09:27 AM
im trying not to worry but i was gutted when i saw them last night. she is fine though and they still dont smell. her other poops are perfect. i will be re-adding veg at the weekend though because its clearly not that (as Lou already said :oops:)

Ste and the dog came back, maybe the smell of the dog has made her stressed again? or the panacur isnt helping?

im taking her for her jab end of may i think give her plenty of time to get over all her recent stresses

She was full stretched out this morning after a belly full of hay so shes certainly not acting poorly :love::love::love:

Shellypops
07-05-2010, 09:46 AM
im trying not to worry but i was gutted when i saw them last night. she is fine though and they still dont smell. her other poops are perfect. i will be re-adding veg at the weekend though because its clearly not that (as Lou already said :oops:)

Ste and the dog came back, maybe the smell of the dog has made her stressed again? or the panacur isnt helping?

im taking her for her jab end of may i think give her plenty of time to get over all her recent stresses

She was full stretched out this morning after a belly full of hay so shes certainly not acting poorly :love::love::love:

The bunny tummies are a mystery, I think she sounds fine xx

thumps_
07-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Donnamt, I'm thick as 2 short planks at the mo.
It could easily be the panacure, making the caecs smell different.
I can't remember if she was leaving caecs before she started the panacure.

donnamt
07-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Donnamt, I'm thick as 2 short planks at the mo.
It could easily be the panacure, making the caecs smell different.
I can't remember if she was leaving caecs before she started the panacure.

yes she was. the 2nd day she was home she left them always morning non in the afternoon. the day before i started panacur i found just the one pile. then ste came home and i started finding 3-4 little piles again.

i was scared not to start the panacur tho because there was an EC bunny in the same room and im not sure how contagious it can be even when in seperate living quarters :?

thumps_
07-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Don't worry Donnamt, it can't be the panacur then, I'd have gone ahead with it in your situation.
It's not causing Holly health issues. It is causing your carpet issues!! Can you cover it with anything - old blanket/sheet you can throw out?
I'm inclined to think she's still settling in (doesn't want to put her head down in case she gets humped). Once they've learned something it takes ages to unlearn it again.

donnamt
09-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Ste *thinks* he saw her eating a poop today.. she was bent over and her bum was twitching like when Alvin eats banana

fingers crossed when nap time is over there are less than the 3 huge piles she keeps leaving for me :)

thumps_
09-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Ste *thinks* he saw her eating a poop today.. she was bent over and her bum was twitching like when Alvin eats banana

fingers crossed when nap time is over there are less than the 3 huge piles she keeps leaving for me :)

Oh Donnamt what will you say next? :lol::lol::lol:
Everything crossed that all is beginning to settle for Holly.

Shellypops
09-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Oh Donnamt what will you say next? :lol::lol::lol:
Everything crossed that all is beginning to settle for Holly.
Sounds like poop eating to me.... Bobby twitches her botty when she has something she really likes.. (including her poopies):oops:

donnamt
09-05-2010, 04:53 PM
im happier shes eating some but just found another two piles she hadnt eaten. bit gutted but getting used to it now lol

donnamt
13-05-2010, 06:52 PM
think her tummy is starting to settle :D:D

only one uneaten pile today and pretty small too. no mess on her bum. no sign of wee which i have worried myself over with all the drinking too much threads kicking about :oops::oops::oops:

shes a lovely dainty 2kg (i knew she was smaller than Alvin when i met her, thought she was less than this tho :oops:) :love::love::love::love:

even alvy humpy pants is down to a nice slimline 2.22kg today, i reakon somebunny is trying to keep his woman happy with his 6pack :lol::lol::lol:

thumps_
13-05-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm delighted that she's starting to settle Donnamt.
Everything crossed that she makes steady progress, & her drinking improves as well.

donnamt
13-05-2010, 10:42 PM
i am starting to relax now..:D:D:D

is it wrong to panic that shes eating too much hay :oops: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

kaths101
13-05-2010, 10:45 PM
i am starting to relax now..:D:D:D

is it wrong to panic that shes eating too much hay :oops: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

YES :lol::lol:

Elena
14-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Oh I do that too Donna! They stuff their face with hay and eat veg and then stuff their face with hay again. I've come to the conclusion that maybe they are just bottomless pits. :lol:

thumps_
14-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Oh I do that too Donna! They stuff their face with hay and eat veg and then stuff their face with hay again. I've come to the conclusion that maybe they are just bottomless pits. :lol:

I think that the big question here is whether the buns are getting over weight.
I would say that if they are not getting overweight they need the high food intake.

Personally, I see them as doing something clever. Naturally, wild bunnies have to eat a lot of food, which is high in fiber to keep their gut moving, but low in nutrient. Hay is very low in nutrient & fluid. I see the pattern of eating a lot of hay, then veg (high nutrient/fluid) then hay, as bulking out the high nutrient component so it is more suitable to their digestive systems.

ETA I also feel that this instinct depends on us offering them a selection of foods, high in fiber & low in starch & sugars. (Many animals including man, would naturally live at a subsistance level. We are geared capitalize on an easy meal, but with modern living of easily obtainable food, we need to overide this ancient instinct.)
I do not say that all overweight people overeat. There is considerable evidence that some are afflicted with the consequences of a viral infection - Ad 36.

donnamt
14-05-2010, 01:12 PM
im more worried about her keeping her weight at the mo, because i didnt weigh her when i first got her home :oops:... i will weigh her next week and if shes lost any straight to the vets. im not convinced over 1 litre of water in 24hours between two buns is normal BUT ive never seen a rabbit eat so much hay either and i do wake up thirsty myself so my house is pretty warm being a mid terrace with nieghbours (finally), even Pearl ate no where near this amount of hay so im struggling to keep it topped up :shock: :lol::lol::lol:. so if she does lose weight ill want the vet to run tests just for my own piece of mind. At the mo shes bright and bouncy so im giving the drinking the benefit of the doubt and am happy to believe the more hay she eats the more thirsty she will be even with veg being re-added :D:D

last night she definately drank less and this morning i saw Alvin drinking as well as Holly so maybe shes not drinking it all and Alvin has been drinking alot too :?

wish i could find some fact sheets on the net about what different buns in different environments actually drink/eat

Elena
14-05-2010, 01:15 PM
thumps, mine are loosing weight unfortunately. We're still trying to get to the bottom of it.

Donna, could it be they hay is a bit different to what she's used to? Maybe she was more used to grass? Maybe she's adjusting to it a bit.

donnamt
14-05-2010, 01:19 PM
thumps, mine are loosing weight unfortunately. We're still trying to get to the bottom of it.

Donna, could it be they hay is a bit different to what she's used to? Maybe she was more used to grass? Maybe she's adjusting to it a bit.

someone suggested the difference in taste of the water last night too. could be anything, i dont actually get the "feeling" shes ill if that makes sense, im just panicing myself because of the kidney/dental threads about :oops::oops:

i got the "feeling" for both Pearl and whenever Alvin is off so i think my gut is right about her :D:D:D (i like to panic and waste money at the vets i think :oops:)

donnamt
22-05-2010, 07:09 PM
today is the first day since Holly came home that i didnt find a special poop :D:D:D:D:D

Jenefina
22-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Shellypops
23-05-2010, 11:55 AM
woooo yay!!! I found some this morning...:evil:...

donnamt
23-05-2010, 11:56 AM

:(

Elena
23-05-2010, 12:59 PM

Me too. Well, I knelt in one. Bluergh. From my lionheads too. Very very rarely have trouble with them!

thumps_
23-05-2010, 02:57 PM
today is the first day since Holly came home that i didnt find a special poop :D:D:D:D:D

Oh fantastic news donnamt!! I honestly think now that Holly is basically OK tummy wise. I suspect she had a lot of changes & upheaval to cope with, & am beginning to wonder whether a lot of bunnies get this with simple stress.

Yes, it needs a close eye kept on it because it means that the bacteria in the caecum are slightly unstable & we don't want it to get worse, but no major panic. Of course the sort of dietary changes you've made help to bring everything back to normal again.

You're a fantastic bunny mummy. I'm so thrilled that all has settled down.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

donnamt
23-05-2010, 03:00 PM
she left one again today... little madam :roll::roll:

thumps_
23-05-2010, 03:08 PM
she left one again today... little madam :roll::roll:

I noticed the other posters had issues today. The temp & humidity has suddenly shot up. Don't panic hun. I really do know how scary it is, but she's well in herself, & it's been steady without getting worse.

Sorry I've lost track of buns a bit. Has she had her vet check up yet?

donnamt
23-05-2010, 03:18 PM
I noticed the other posters had issues today. The temp & humidity has suddenly shot up. Don't panic hun. I really do know how scary it is, but she's well in herself, & it's been steady without getting worse.

Sorry I've lost track of buns a bit. Has she had her vet check up yet?

yeah she got the all clear. possible tooth issue in the future but at the mo all is nice and smooth.

im to finish the panacur and if im still worried about her drinking the vet will test her bloods just to check the kidney function is ok.

heart was good, tummy was good and her weight was the same as when i weighed her the week before :D:D:D

the lump was matted fur :oops::oops::oops:

Elena
23-05-2010, 04:07 PM
I noticed mine left one today after Mischa and Mini got into this room last night while they were in their enclosure, I got them out pretty sharpish but with those two things seem to escalate if they see or smell a foreign bun, one of the reason why I would like to bond them into a four. I think that stressed them a bit so I do thinking stress can be a factor. Maybe the heat today is getting to her slightly.

donnamt
29-05-2010, 01:24 PM
im really starting to think that Holly goes into such a deep sleep she doesnt realise shes doing her special poops. i dont think its because they taste bad or shes ill in anyway but she sleeps really deep and it takes a few mins for her to come round when i disturb her.

earlier she was in a deep sleep flop and didnt move when i went upstairs :love::love:

and about half hour ago i went up to say hello and she was deep asleep again and when she woke she was dazed and didnt come straight over until she realised where she was :love:, shed left behind a special poop when she fianally moved.

wish i could sleep as Deep as Holly does :lol::lol::lol:

Elena
29-05-2010, 03:10 PM
I think that happens to Mini sometimes too.

Shellypops
29-05-2010, 09:27 PM
I found two special poops aswell not sure who tho:?

Happy Hopping
01-06-2010, 12:32 PM
ive just been up and found a load of uneaten special poops. i only gave one leaf of savoy and one leaf of green cabbage this morning and a few bramble leaves on the odd occasion i pop upstairs.

cabbage is too watery, I never give my buns cabbage. I gave 1/2 organic carrot per bun per day. It's bunch organic carrot, so there is the green on top. Try out w/o any other veggies and let us know.

The truth is, I would immediately switch to Oxbow, go with:

week 1, 70% old pellet, 30% Oxbow
week 2: 50% each
week 3: 30% old pellet, 70% oxbow
week 4: 100% oxbow

Oxbow makes a huge difference for diet improvement for all my buns. It also has the highest amt. of crude fiber--27% than any other brands.

I highly recommend it. My bridge bun Bernie, it used to take him 6 hr. to eat 1/2 a carrot. After Oxbow was given to him, he finished 1/2 organic carrot daily under 2 min.

donnamt
01-06-2010, 12:55 PM
cabbage is too watery, I never give my buns cabbage. I gave 1/2 organic carrot per bun per day. It's bunch organic carrot, so there is the green on top. Try out w/o any other veggies and let us know.

The truth is, I would immediately switch to Oxbow, go with:

week 1, 70% old pellet, 30% Oxbow
week 2: 50% each
week 3: 30% old pellet, 70% oxbow
week 4: 100% oxbow

Oxbow makes a huge difference for diet improvement for all my buns. It also has the highest amt. of crude fiber--27% than any other brands.

I highly recommend it. My bridge bun Bernie, it used to take him 6 hr. to eat 1/2 a carrot. After Oxbow was given to him, he finished 1/2 organic carrot daily under 2 min.

i cut out the veg for almost a week and it made no difference.

i now think its because she sleeps so deep she doesnt realise shes made them

non were left on sunday and i think thats because my nephew visited and her sleep was disturbed so she ate them :shock:

i dont beleive its diet related because she eats so much hay and pellets are minimal. most veg she gets is grass, fresh bramble and fresh dandelion leaves with a tiny amount of basil and a tiny handful of kale.

no matter what diet changes i have tried they are still happening and shes perfectly healthy so im no longer worried about it. i am still slightly concerned about her drinking so i think i will be going ahead with blood tests in a few weeks for piece of mind :D

yvette
01-06-2010, 01:00 PM

Im so laughing out loud!! Wonderful way with words!!!!:love::love::lol::lol:

I find bunnies wont eat poops if theyre on antibiotics or some sort of meds....also excess poop if they eat too many SS pellets (as in my recent case)...

donnamt
30-06-2010, 01:31 PM
well its took a while of not panicing and finally we can go two - three days where all poops are eaten, then Holly will leave 1/2 a pile then back to eating them all

shes finally relaxed into her new life :love::love::love::love::love:

Shellypops
30-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Yesssss!!! woo woo woooooohh ( that was my best football cheer) :lol:

donnamt
30-06-2010, 01:34 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

bet when i get home shes left hundreds of piles for me :shock::shock:

Shellypops
30-06-2010, 01:36 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

bet when i get home shes left hundreds of piles for me :shock::shock:

Eh mate.. my two are the same, as soon as I relax, I will go home and they will be smelly poops every where. They just enjoy the drama :lol:

donnamt
30-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Eh mate.. my two are the same, as soon as I relax, I will go home and they will be smelly poops every where. They just enjoy the drama :lol:

divas the lot of em :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Stufi
30-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Whooooo :D Im glad its sorted out now and shes settled in :)
Is it just me or should these 'special poos' be renamed to something that is more memorable and everyone can pronounce??:lol: If im talking to the vet or someone who has a rabbit and these crop up in convo i end up saying the 'C' poos C...blurugh blugh whatever... you know the ones i mean! :oops::lol:

donnamt
30-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Is it just me or should these 'special poos' be renamed to something that is more memorable and everyone can pronounce??:lol: If im talking to the vet or someone who has a rabbit and these crop up in convo i end up saying the 'C' poos C...blurugh blugh whatever... you know the ones i mean! :oops::lol:

this is why i call them special poops :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

thumps_
30-06-2010, 02:47 PM

I just call them caecs (pronounced seeks). [It's easier if we stick to the UK spelling of caecum!! :lol:]

Kipper
02-07-2010, 04:46 PM
:wave: My Teddy leaves some of his c-poos a couple of times a week. Ive cut out all food except his hay & nothing has made a difference. Ive changed him from A&P to SS but it made no difference so going to wean him back onto the A&P as that what my other 4 eat. Thing is hes perfectly healthy (been vet checked) & very happy, runs around binkying like its going out of fashion, hes a little whrilwind on 4 paws lol So try not to worry

donnamt
02-07-2010, 04:50 PM
:wave: My Teddy leaves some of his c-poos a couple of times a week. Ive cut out all food except his hay & nothing has made a difference. Ive changed him from A&P to SS but it made no difference so going to wean him back onto the A&P as that what my other 4 eat. Thing is hes perfectly healthy (been vet checked) & very happy, runs around binkying like its going out of fashion, hes a little whrilwind on 4 paws lol So try not to worry

Lou (doorkeeper) who i got holly from told me some bunnies just dont eat them all. she said she gets more problems with lops than any other bunny, like they are too self important to eat the stinky poop :lol::lol::lol::lol:

*lily*
02-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Lou (doorkeeper) who i got holly from told me some bunnies just dont eat them all. she said she gets more problems with lops than any other bunny, like they are too self important to eat the stinky poop :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, I wouldn't be too keen on eating them if I was a rabbit, to be honest :mrgreen:

donnamt
02-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Well, I wouldn't be too keen on eating them if I was a rabbit, to be honest :mrgreen:

yeah nor me... im not a fan of collecting them tho as a human, i wish she would eat them :lol::lol::lol:

Kipper
02-07-2010, 04:55 PM

:lol: Now Teddy is ONE bunny who is full of self importance *whispers* tho between you & me he has every right to be :lol:

donnamt
02-07-2010, 04:57 PM
:lol: Now Teddy is ONE bunny who is full of self importance *whispers* tho between you & me he has every right to be :lol:

:love::love::love::love: :lol::lol::lol: they are fun with attitude aint they