• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Recommendations on the Fylde Coast please??

Bitzy

Mama Doe
Hiya

Can anyone recommend a good vet in the Blackpool/St Annes/Lytham area??

I'm registered at Greenways in St Annes for my exotic birds but they're quite expensive.

I've also had Robert Jones, St Annes Rd, Blackpool recommended to me by a dog owner who adores his dog ..... and they seem really cheap!!

Also Rowans in Kirkham - by a cat owner who adores his cats - who seem middle of the road-ish price-wise.

All have been recommended to me and I have no idea which one to choose so wondered if anyone had any personal experience of any of them??

The Greenways one charges £30 for a consultation, £90 each for neutering (this includes an overnight stay tho) but only £12 for vacs

The Blackpool one charges £7.50 - yes £7.50 for a consultation, £40-ish each for neutering and £13.50 for vacs.

The Kirkham one charges £70 and £40 to be 'done' but £25.70 each for vacs (forgot to ask about consultation).

Obviously its not all about the money but I just can't believe their prices can vary so wildly!

Thanks very much

Last edited:
Hi Bitzy,

I don't have personal experience of them or their prices but when I asked re vets in Preston Tuckerbunnies said she used to use The 'Animal Medical Centre' in Thornton Clevelys and asked for Sue White who was an excellent vet in her opinion. She said she usedthem for years and was really happy with their service

She sent me this link

http://www.animalmedicalcentre.co.uk/

Hope this helps

Tammy x

Back