• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lois has some news ...

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Well, she's been to the vets this morning and FHB said although she's thin she is well enough for her myxi jab :)

And 'she' is also booked in for castration in two weeks time :shock: :oops::oops::oops: :lol::lol: (you couldn't miss 'em really) :oops:

Anyhow, she'd now like to be know as Elijah (but there's still some debate that it might be 'Lewis') :roll: :oops::oops:

Well, the other news. 'He' is not a baby - he could well be fully grown (he's tiny compared with my other bunsters). FHB thinks he's been hungry over a long period of time :cry::cry::cry::cry: She also said his teeth aren't perfect and she isn't surprised that he doesn't eat much hay, though his teeth are not bad and there's no reason to believe he will have dental problems in the future. I'm wondering if he's thin because previous owners only offered him hard food and he just couldn't cope with it :cry::cry:

Between us we think the lady I got him off did look after him well, probably knows the person who neglected him (it's easier to say he was abandoned :?) and he hasn't seen a vet a few weeks ago like I was told :?

Anyhow he's safe now and those rather large plums won't be there much longer.

Caused a fair bit of confusion at reception when I said I wanted to book Lois for a castration.:p

Last edited:
:shock: :lol::lol::lol: After all the trouble you had with choosing a name for 'her' too. :lol:

I know! I couldn't stop laughing in the consultation and explained about 50 people had assisted me in chosing a name for 'her' :oops::oops:

I'm actually delighted because if he does stay here there's much more chance of a buck bonding with Artie and Esme than a doe would :D (That's if I ever get round to the B word, that is). I haven't weighed the little fella but I bet he's no bigger than Alfie and Bubbles :love::love:

:lol: Thought 2 of my boys were girls originally, so I know the feeling! Glad 'he' is now safe with you :D

When I got to the vets I did say I wasn't sure but I never even tried to sex him to be honest because I'd been told 'she' had seen a vet two weeks ago. I did think I saw 'something' when he was running around last night though :lol::lol:

Send him to live with me and I can confirm that. ;);) :love::love:

Do you know, if it could be guaranteed he would get on with Alfie and Bubbles I'd send him :love::love: He will be bunny number 5 here, he'd only be bunny number 3 at yours, so that would be better for such a friendly bunster :love::love:

I don't think Alfie like boys sadly, after what happened with Max, :( so it's just a lovely dream. *sob*

I need to do some of that 'work' stuff now but I will definitely point a camera at Elijah in the near futurer :wave:

but its lunchtime:D

maybe elijah should come and live with me - son pointed out recently that the majority of our fur babies have names beginning with 'e' - i never realised:lol:

but its lunchtime:D

maybe elijah should come and live with me - son pointed out recently that the majority of our fur babies have names beginning with 'e' - i never realised:lol:

Nah, unfortunately I didn't work this morning as I took little chicken to the vets so have to work the rest of the day now :(

It seems I have a habit of picking names starting with vowels :?

I should have thought more about 'Lois's' gender when the lady I got him off said 'she' had attacked her guinea pigs - wonder what was on his mind at that time then :roll::roll:

Back