• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny proofing skirting boards?

Ceretrea

Warren Scout
They can chew whatever they like when they freerange but skirting boards and doors are a def no no. I have permission to keep them from the HA but any damage to the 'structure' of the house will get me in deep trouble.

How do you stop the bunnies chewing those tasty wooden skirting boards and door bottoms?

you can get anti chew spray - it tends to work for a few days at a time, so you need to respray a lot. P@H used to sell it. I found that mine gradually got out of the habit

You can repair skirting boards with filler, sanding & gloss:D

Neutering sometimes stops them

oooh I thought princess was a bit of a monkey with chewing stuff. guess Im lucky though cos shes never even taken an interest in ours

Strawberry and snowdrop are both chewers and the bottoms of all our doors are chewed. They will probably be too busy getting cross over the missing carpet to worry though!

My dog had soem training spray that tasted like bitter apple- it wasn't like pepper spray, just tasted bad, and I sprayed that on the bookshelf and my mom's canvases to stop him from nibbling them, and it worked! :D

Missing carpet is not a problem, as we pay for that and its cheap anyway. I need a good excuse to put in some laminate :D But I don't fancy paying for new doors and skirting boards, and getting on the wrong side of the HA either.

Back