• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dust free hay new polyprop sacks

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
has anyone had these instead of the hessian sacks? i had them today for the first time and they are a nightmare. one sack was split open across the top so i can't use that hay, and when i opened the other sacks, the bag kind of shredded and bits went in the hay and i had to pick it out! :?

I've not had them yet, but will be ordering soon.
Email Norman and tell him, i will be if that happens to me!

You dont want to be paying all that cash for hay that you can use.

i emailed and explained. he is a really nice so will sort it out i'm sure. :)

might just be me, but i couldn't tell which was soft and which was stalky! sometimes doesn't seem to be much difference! :?

I had some the other day. The tops do split. Not as keen on them as the hessian sacks which I recycle as well.

We sell over 100 bags of this every week and have never had a complaint about the bags, assuming you are talking about the green pet shop version of the hay so you aren't actually choosing from soft of stalky but getting a mix in one bag

no it is the non "shop" hay bags that used to be in hessian sacks. It came in white almost like raffita bags this time, very different from the ones that they sell to distributors.

no, not the pet shop hay, i mean the one direct from their site. got an email back just asking what i think of the new sacks and whether there are ways they could be improved.

Aaah was just wondering as I know they use plastic packaging on the pet shop hay. Hope you can get the problem sorted.

It is their pet shop hay I think but they now sell it direct though their site.

I got a pack of five for my two and they really liked it. I have mixed it in with the cheap farm hay to clean them out with.

Back