• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neutering Tomorrow :-/

katiebob

Warren Scout
Hi all,

Were you all really nervous about having your bunnies done?

Colin is going in tomorrow and Ive woken up today with a knot in my tummy... :?

I think ill need more vibes than him! :lol:

its silly! ive even booked the day off work so im not in work worrying about him!

I can be at home worrying with a cuppa instead!! :lol:

Yep, I was in bits when each of mine were done, talk about neurotic mother :lol: I didnt feel right until they were back at home afterwards, with me looking after them.
He will be fine though, of course! Have you got everything ready for when he gets home i.e. hot water bottle, a snuggly towel for him to bed on, his fave foods etc? I found being uber organised helped me keep calm ;)

I've got Lilly in tomorrow so we're in the same boat! I'm off from 1 o clock to look after her. Its an awful feeling but i think how happy she'll be with her husbun and it makes me feel better.

How is he?
You're lucky that your first one is a male neuter, they seem to recover soooo much faster than the females. My first one was my doe Tilly, she was sooooo weak and poorly and refused to eat anything atall until the following day. I was up every hour of the night with her, worried sick. So i expected my boy Timmy to be the same but he was running around almost as normal and ate straight away, phew!
Hope your little man is doing ok xxx

so happy your bun did well!

Mine is getting his neuter booked today! im kind of scared...
what did you guys have prepared for your buns when they came back? (other than the aforementioned)

I kept them in the big cardboard box they went to the vets in. Put a towel down. Plenty of food and water, treats to tempt them to eat. I actually kept them inside for two nights because it was winter, but they were getting a bit of cabin fever after the first night. Really they were back to normal by the following morning, I was just wanted to keep an eye on them and was a bit wary about the cold.

They went back outside in the hutch and were fine, though at the check-up a week later, they said one of them had chewed his stitches out. Short of sitting up with them for 48 hours, I think you can only try to be prepared and act quickly if they don't start to eat or drink.

Back