• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit insurance

KTJ

Alpha Buck
:wave:

I'm looking to get all my buns insured (which is something I had never considered before for some reason) and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good companies? Or any ones to avoid?

Also, what is the average price per month to insure a rabbit? It seems that a lot of places only insure cats or dogs! What about the buns?!?! xx

There are two main companies, PetPlan and Exotics direct. I use petplan because I like their conditions more, you should read into their terms and conditions to see what is covered. PetPlan are usually about £9 per rabbit.

I use PetPlan, but it costs me £10.30 per bunny per month, even with multi-bun discount between the two of them :? It's due for renewal in 10 days time and I was thinking of cancelling it....until Smudge broke his foot :roll: and on the exact same date last year, Sora had stasis...thankfully both happened before I decided not to renew rather than after :shock:

Petplan seem to do some good deals, think you get your first 4 weeks free and then another month free after that :) so basically 2 free months lol

Ive just gone to petplan

online they do a 10% discount, and mine worked out just short of a tenner a mth

but when I went to the vets I got a leaflet which had a code for a free mths trial, and when I rung up, because I said Id continue with the plan right there and then I got another mth free :D so princess is insured now and I dont have to pay till june

mines just short of £11 a mth

and the first payment every yr is £13 cos I do a donation :D

Back