• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding two groups of un-neutered females

not if I was offered £1000000!!!! Wait until they are all neutered, then,with nerves of steel ,try if you feel it could work.

if they are not neutered i would jsut wait it isnt worth the fights that could ensure either during bonding or even after while waiting for spays also they would all need to go in and be spayed at same time to avoid breakign the bond and not all vets wil lhave facilitys to house 4 rabbits together, best to get all neutered then try bonding in a nuetral area, imagine if they had a fight now then you were unable to bond them once neuereed because you ahd been impatient and tried to do it now.

I'd definately wait. A bad start now when hormones are going wild could hinder the possibility of it working later on.

Back in the days when i had my own home and garden and had all day everyday to spend with them, I bonded 5 un neautered female dwarf rabbits, they slept in seperate hutches at night and shared a large run in the day. They scrapped a little at first (nothing serious) untill they established a pecking order then they were fine. I think it depends on the temperment of the buns and the amount of money time and space you have for them.

I think it depends on the temperment of the buns and the amount of money time and space you have for them.

To a degree - but it is extremely risky in terms of serious injury occuring, and I can't see how it is ever worth that risk. As a rule ALL buns should be neutered.

In two years there was never a single injury, and they were inspected everyday.
Mind you they were all brought up together from a young age and were related so that made it easier.

Back