• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I doing the right thing?

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
In trying to bond my two lovely girls together again. People keep telling me it's not a good idea, it'll never work, I should never have had 2 girls in the first place etc and it's really starting to make me doubt whether I should even try. :(

Just for background info they were getting on together fine until Waffle fell ill. I also think maybe I gave them too much space too soon because I felt guilty confining them to the dog crate.

Do you think it may work?

I suppose I'm just looking for reassurance I'm not mad and that 2 neutered girlies can get on together.

I think you should give it another go!!

The fact they got on so well before I think its worth another shot definetly x

I know loads of people with two bonded girlies, even more then 2, my nan has a group of 5girls and they live happily together for the last 4 1/2 years.
I would go for it, if it doesn't work out youve tried. Esp as you say they got on so well before and they weren't seperated because they fought, youve got a brill chance of a good bond.

I'd give it another try. There are different bonding techniques. The onecommonly used on here is a rapid bonding technique, but there's a slow technique, & an intermediate one. It may be worth asking around a bit.

I had 6, now 5 girls living together, and they are all fine ;)

They will be fine. It was only as Waffle fell ill so early in the bond that they fell out.
Ignore what others say, there are no "rules" on bonding certain sex pairs, it all depends on them :)

You can always send them both back down to me ;)

Angieb on here had two females and when she tried to bond them they fought but she had them neutered and she has no bonded them and they get on great. Everyone can only go of our own personal experiences and that is the advice we can go on. If you don't try them then you will never know:D

Good luck:D

Thanks for the encouragement I'm really hoping it will all work out. Plus Waffle had not long been neutered last time so hopefully her desire to hump Rafish might have calmed down :lol:

OH isn't keen on me sending them away to be bonded cause of how upset I was last time :oops: I will give it a go myself and if it doesn't work I think it may be worth sending them away probably back to Kris ;) and if it doesn't work then I will definitely give up.

I don't want to give up on them though as OH is still on a no more bunnies rule and I don't want either of them too be lonely.

:wave: Definatly try again, its by no means impossible. The only reason they fell out last time was because waffle got poorly, if not I bet they'd still be together now! I think its 2 males that are the hardest to bond, but even that is very possible.
Ignore what other people say, they're not being helpful by discouraging you. You know your buns best :D
Good luck!

Please try again. I've had groups of three unrelated girlies living together and they were perfectly happy.

My two neutered sister buns fall out every spring due to spring fever but they soon make up again. A male/female pairing is usually easiest to achieve BUT even that is not guaranteed. I'm sure your girls will be fine eventually - just stick with it. And as hard as it is to hand them over to someone else, sometimes they need totally neutral territory in order to get over that first hurdle (and someone who's not quite as emotionally attached as you naturally are to your own bunnies).

Back