• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hiya

vilonor

Warren Scout
im vickie, from north devon, dont have a rabbit yet although looking into getting one and have come here seeking your infinite rabbity wisdom! :wave:

thanks black berry- i have posted on another board asking for advice on breeds etc, want to cover all basis and dont want to get one and give it a crappy home.

i have a 2 year old son, so was after advice on friendly / easy to train breeds etc

ohhh and it cant be a giant one lol but it does need to be hardy as it will live outdoors ( but bought indoors daily )

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hey! Are you going to rescue one.. or two pairs mean happy rabbits, and the usually come already spayed or neutered!:love:

Its a lovley feeling giving a bunny a second chance:D

Welcome

You're done for now, you'll be obsessed by them forever! :lol: Once you've had a bunny you can never look back. Anyway, welcome to RU, plenty of info here and plenty of rescues who can match you up with one (or two ;)) bunnies. :wave:

ref rescued rabbits? how hard is it to get one... i mean does your garden or whatever need to be a certain size lavished with lawn etc??? as although we have a fair sized garden there is no grass really, but there is a field about 20 ft away which i fully intend on taking advantage of, but im unsure if this will prevent me from getting from a shelter if you see what i mean?

ref rescued rabbits? how hard is it to get one... i mean does your garden or whatever need to be a certain size lavished with lawn etc??? as although we have a fair sized garden there is no grass really, but there is a field about 20 ft away which i fully intend on taking advantage of, but im unsure if this will prevent me from getting from a shelter if you see what i mean?

As there are so many buns in rescues, I doubt they'll be too fussy about needing grass and the like! So long as they have enough space and you have plenty of love to offer they shouldn't turn you down. :) Please do be careful about taking a bun to a random field though, as it may be contaminated by wilide buns (I nearly lost my boys to worms and coccidiosis from wildies), dogs or chemicals. I can't imagine a farmer would be too happy with you setting a run up in his field either!

Hi :wave: welcome to RU.

There are loads of threads on here about ideal hutch and run sizes etc that re-homers look for when doing a home check so you can get yourself all knowledged up for that.

Good luck with choosing a bun - and when you do we always NEED PICS!!! :D

Back