• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello! I'm New!!

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
I came to this site on the recommendation of a friend, and so far it has been very helpful :)

I have 3 bunnies (1 I only got today from the rescue section at Pets at Home) - Harvey, Zero and Castiel (Cass).

I can't figure out how to upload photos yet, but Harvey and Zero are cross breeds I think - Harvey is grey with a white chin and belly, and Zero is white with black spots like an English rabbit. Cass is a black lop, not sure which type. When I post photos you can all tell me what breeds they are :D Harvey and Zero are about 5 months old, and Cass is just under 2.

At the minute Zero is recovering from being neutered, complete with cone, so he's a bit grumpy, and then I'm going to try and bond all three of them. They're indoors bunnies (I had a bad experience with an outside rabbit and a stoat a few years ago :cry:). Harvey was neutered a few weeks ago - he then felt the need to reopen his surgery wound and send us to the emergency vet clinic. Thanks Harvey. And Cass is getting done tomorrow morning.

Oh, and I'm Nicola! Thought I'd get the important introductions out of the way first :)

thank you, I know, I feel like I'm living at the vets at the minute! I thought I had a boy and girl when I got Harvey and Zero, but Zero turned out to be a girl, just VERY good at sucking himself in :oops:. I have a little picture of Harvey in my avatar :)

awww hes cute

thank you :) he's the best rabbit ever, he behaves just like a puppy.

I have to admit when I got them I thought they would be like hamsters but bigger, they have completely reeducated me! It's changed my whole life I'm now obsessed with avoiding animal testing and other suffering now as well, I blog about it if anybody needs help doing the same: http://nicolatervit.blogspot.com

Now that I know what amazing animals they are I just can't bear the thought of any harm coming to them! or any other for that matter!

Yey i found out how to post pictures (thanks to the help page on here :))

DSCI0211.jpg

This is Harvey as a baby just after I got him.

DSCI0270.jpg

Harvey - this is MY bed. you sleep on the floor.

DSCI0345.jpg

Grown up Harvey - please, please give me attention.

DSCI0228.jpg

Zero as a baby - FLOP.

DSCI0282.jpg

Baby Zero again - what are YOU looking at? (note how filthy he got the Vetbed I lovingly spent a fortune on for him)

DSCI0323.jpg

I'm tired and grouchy, leave me alone. I think this is a grown-up Zero.

Hope these have worked! No pics of Cass yet I don't want to traumatise him until he settles in a bit.

Cass's neuter went ok today, bit concerned though because the vet only tried to syringe feed him didnt give him the pellets i left. :evil: happy days though.

I put Harvey in with the piggies last night while I was cleaning them out and he was grooming them and cuddling them :( i was nearly in tears because it6 just showed how lonely he is. cant wait to have 3 bonded bunnies.

I know I'm just replying to myself here, sorry, :oops: but here is Cass
DSCI0358.jpg

how do people make those signature pics of their rabbits?

awww they are all so adorable

and haha it is addicting, Ive only been here a few days believe it or not :oops:

theres somewhere on here where you can donate for a sig making :) will see if I can find it for you :D

awww they are all so adorable

and haha it is addicting, Ive only been here a few days believe it or not :oops:

theres somewhere on here where you can donate for a sig making :) will see if I can find it for you :D

that's great thank you :D Well I had an essay due in at uni today, and it suffered because I couldn't drag myself away from here :oops:

Back