• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could you help me figure this one out please?

Carrie14

Mama Doe
Sally has only ever purred a few times. When I stroke her she usually pulls her head in close to her body, (not as odd as it sounds:lol:) and after a minute she runs off flicking her ears.

She is perfectly tame and feeds out of my hand and comes on to the bed to see whats going on etc. Also when I hold her she will eat out of my hand, Feegal is not as likely to, and I don't make him as I know he hates it.

I know Feegal will never be a snuggle bun, he loves a fuss and purrs and falls asleep when I fuss him:love: But he HATES being picked up. I am fine with this.

The odd thing is I was trimming their claws and Feegals heart was pounding, nostrils flared all the signs of a terrified bun, but Sally just looked mildly annoyed.

When I had finished her claws I thought "You look so cute I'll just have a quick hug." So I tipped her onto her back and held her like a baby and she PURRED! She just lay there while I cuddled her. I felt her heart and it wasn't pounding, she was not hypnotised, so my very long winded questions are..

1) Why is she flicking her ears and running off when I stroke her, as it looks almost like a binky?

2) Why did she purr?

3) Why does Feegal love a fuss but Sally doesn't, even though she is more confidant than Feegal on the bed/being held?

4) Does she sound like she could be a snuggle bun, given time?

5) What is the best book on rabbit behaviour?

Sounds like she enjoys it :love:
Soft purring is fab I think, and the ear thing is so cute to watch. Delilah does it sometimes and looks like a right idiot bless her :love:
I think she is already a cuddle bun! :love:
Some rabbits prefer to be stroked on the floor rather than being picked up. My two love the attention on the floor or the bed, but in mid-air is a complete no no :lol:

Sounds like she enjoys it :love:
Soft purring is fab I think, and the ear thing is so cute to watch. Delilah does it sometimes and looks like a right idiot bless her :love:
I think she is already a cuddle bun! :love:
Some rabbits prefer to be stroked on the floor rather than being picked up. My two love the attention on the floor or the bed, but in mid-air is a complete no no :lol:

It is funny when Sally runs off flicking her ears, but is it a sort of binky, or rather a "Ergh dirty humans!"

I have just assumed that Sally would be like all my other buns I have ever had, but it seems maybe not...

Aren't all bunnies? :lol::lol::lol:

I resigned myself to being their slave a long time ago. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Tell me about it...

It said the flick Sally does with her ears means no thank you, I guess that fits. Little miss:lol:

Back