• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Turvey freaked out!

Vixen

Young Bun
We got a new run yesterday which is bigger for them and they love it. Last night I sent Mr V out to get them in as I was ill, he put them to bed and gave them their supper (they get hay throughout the day and odd treats and then nuggets before bed). Today I put a cardboard box in the run for them and Turvey just freaked out, thumping and running around like a loon (at one point he got his head stuck in the bars he was bashing around so fast!). I managed to catch him and calm him down a bit by stroking and hushing him but he was still a bit freaked. Do you think Mr V could have scared him last night (they went to bed a little later than normal so it was dark)? They did have a very child heavy weekend, we had 6 children in the garden on Saturday and again on Sunday but mostly they were in their run and the kids left them alone.

We have had them in the living room with us in the evenings, but again because I was sick yesterday we couldn't face it. I will do it again tonight and give them lots of cuddles. Is there anything else I can do to help calm him and reassure him that nothing bad will happen to him here. He was abandoned as a kit and is a rescue bun. As is his Mrs, Topsy.

He might just have been objecting to the foreign object you put in his cage. Buns hate their world to be disturbed. My hubby brought home a new sofa last week and a little madam is still giving out about it!:D

Back