• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need some advice please :)

Kirsty2oo9

Alpha Buck
at the moment My rabbit lives in the shed and has a 4ft wide by 8/9ft long run wth a double hutch attached, only thing is he isnt neuterd yet and im convinced hes lonely..he will be neuterd in the next month :) im just looking for a vet at the moment :) Anyways if i brought him indoor he would have to be in my bedroom(my mum doesent really like rabbits) but he would have a much smaller run which would be something like 2 nic cubes wide and about 6/7 long.. This would only be until i got him neuterd and got him a companion then i would put him back out the shed with his little friend ?:), or do you think i should just leave him out there until i get him neuterd and a friend? what you all think?

Hiya, personally id leave him out there for now and just spend as much time with him as poss. Moving him around alot might be quite stressful for him.
Just try and get him neutered and companioned asap. Just my opinion though, only uou know whats best for him :wave:

Hiya, personally id leave him out there for now and just spend as much time with him as poss. Moving him around alot might be quite stressful for him.
Just try and get him neutered and companioned asap. Just my opinion though, only uou know whats best for him :wave:

Okayy.. i still dont know .. need more opinions :)

Hi Kirsty,

How much extra time do you think you would be able to give him if you brought him inside and do you think it would make that much of a difference for him?

If you are getting him neutered in May it will then take a few weeks before he is ready to be bonded with a female so you are probably looking at some time in June I would guess. That's not too far away and personally I would leave him where he is being as it sounds like he has plenty of room to run around. It would also save the hassle of bunny-proofing your bedroom.

My first rabbit was on her own from September until January until she could be spayed and bonded and she is none the worse for the time on her own. With the lighter nights you can spend more time with him in his shed and the garden.

Good luck in whatever you decide to so. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer, just whatever suits you and your bunny best in the circumstances.

Back