• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how much should a nethie

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
weigh?

Sebastian is just over 1kg (i think im awfull at mesurements) hes a perfectly healthy size :) but im sure nethies are suppose to be smaller :p

It's an impossible question to answer in many ways, as it's a bit like saying how much should an 8 year old girl weigh. There are so many variables that how much they 'should' weigh depends entirely on the individual. There are required maximum and minimum weights for show rabbits of each breed (for nethies as close as possible to 0.907kg and a max of 1.134kg), but this does not take into account normal genetic variation - far better just to know that your bun is a healthy weight for his own frame :) I have two nethies, one weighs about 950g, the other weighs 1.4kg. Both are about right for their own frame sizes :)

im just a bit doubtfull that he is a nethie ;) he was a petshop bun so is most probably a cross bread, but hes very long and has big ears compared to his new lady who is very nethie looking

It's possible then :) Even within purebreeds there will be some variation of size, ear length etc so Sebastian may be a nethie-x or he may just be a big, slightly mis-shaped nethie :)

Maybe you should post a photo so we can all see what we think, and of course to oooh over how adorable he undoubtedly is ;)

33m8t55.jpg

hes face is rather long for a nethie (deffo not show standered)
2wg6lvs.jpg

and hes got large ears :)

9hkqoj.jpg

s42kh4.jpg

one of the vet nurses said he ha a very wild colour to him :) he could fit in the wildies ;)

he's gorgeous:love:

afraid i don't know much about breeds but eric's a nethie and he weighed just under 1.4kg last vet check. he still looks tiny tho - must be big boned:lol:

esme is 1.2kg and she's such a dainty little dot:love:

:love::love::love:

He is gorgeous!! Pud is a bit chubster and weighs 1.59kg :oops: she doesn't eat anything other than hay!! she's such a fussy bun!! she gets a few pellets and has a bit of veg.... I think she's just curvy!

Sebastian: well fanks :) mummeh says my heads gunna gets big if humins keep saying im gorgus

Maybe hes just large :p hes still a baby (well about 5 - 7 months ) my baby though :love:

:love::love::love:

He is gorgeous!! Pud is a bit chubster and weighs 1.59kg :oops: she doesn't eat anything other than hay!! she's such a fussy bun!! she gets a few pellets and has a bit of veg.... I think she's just curvy!

i find it hard to get sebastian to eat veg, he will finally eat carrot peelings but not chunks of it, otherwise he just eats leafs :p

Ahhhhh he's lovely. You're right though his head doesn't seem to be the typical nethie shape. My Hermes weighs ~0.9kg, though he's still a little tubby and should probably be nearer 0.8kg for his size. he is a tiny though, even for a nethie! :D

i find it hard to get sebastian to eat veg, he will finally eat carrot peelings but not chunks of it, otherwise he just eats leafs :p

Pud just loves her hay, lots and lots of it! she'll have a nibble at the veg occasionally and loves the small amount of pellets she gets (a bit too much!!)

Hermes - small fury ball of rage!!

all 0.9kg of him!!
DSCF2444.jpg

And with his stunning wife Hollybear
DSCF2839.jpg

Last edited:
Charlee is only a tiny bun too. At last weigh in she was around 900g. She is 5 1/2 months old though so not sure if she is still growing. I really don't think there is an appropriate weight for any particular breed. All that matters is that they are a weight healthy for their body shape & size.

Back