• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outside rabbit run or not???

Dandelion101

Young Bun
Hi all, just a quick bit of advice at all please???
Have been thinking about making an outside rabbit run for my boys. Am worried though about not having complete control of their environemnt and how much grass they're going to eat etc. My boys are house bunnies and I think I am so overprotective. Any tips on how to make a safe outside bunny run would be most appriciated.
Thanks

Bunny mum to pickles, gordon, robbie , bugs piggy mum to nutmeg and binky, chilla mum to missy and gerbil mum to chubz, betty and wilma.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My buns have an outside run (although they live outside too, in an aviary with a concrete base). we have to monitor one of them who gets ill if he eats too much grass in one go, so we put carpet or lino in the bottom of the run. this also prevents too many patches from being dug in!

You need to make sure your run is a good sturdy one that can't be knowcked over or lifted by cats or foxes etc. If you're worried about them digging out get one with a mesh base too.

Always make sure they have some shade, and they like a box of little house insed to hide in too.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of other ideas from people on here!

Back