• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My vets are getting an ultrasound machine!

no i think its nice when a practise has the oppertunity to increase care with better equipment, means patients dont have to travel to other places maybe far out the way to get a result, thus reducing costs maybe :D

Ours have had one for a few years now and it is very handy. They diagnosed Jumble's ovarian cysts on it and use it a lot for cat and dog problems.

I had no idea so many practices didn't have one until recently :oops: Our vets have had one for many years so I assumed it was normal to have one as they don't see very advanced in other areas :?

Thats great news :wave:

Our vets used to use machines from the hospital but they stopped letting them so. My sister's boyfriend had to take their dog to the UK last year for an MRI scan (think thats what it was called) because they couldn't do it here. I am frightened that one day I will have a sick animal that will these kind of tests but be to sick to make the journey :(

Back