• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eye Drops

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Saw a really stupid vet today. I think I knew more about rabbits than he did... said Twinkle was overweight (she is not) and did a health check without checking her :evil: Anyway I had to mention her eyes as he didnt seem to notice the runny eyes.....

After I told him to check her eyes he has given Twinkle some eye drops for eye infection.. one "blob" in each eye twice a day.. but vet hasnt said for how long... its only a tiny tube so dont expect it to last long.. but how many days should I aim for ?

Vet was rubbish. I had to ask for the medication on paying the receptionist as he had forgotten to add the medicine to the bill and her records too...

And to top it all off I had to pay £9 for a tiny bag of Timothy hay... I was shocked!!! I normally buy a bale of hay for £4 to last a few weeks and this tiny bag will last me about two days!!

Oh and I also had to mention her front claws... one claw on each front paw curls as it grows so I get concerned it will grow into her foot... he told me that most rabbits chew these claws so normally dont need clipping :shock:

Dont think I have ever seen a rabbit chew its nails??????????

Hi :wave:

You'd be surprised how long one of those tubes last, if I remember rightly when Heather had eye drops the vet said to aim for 2 weeks? Then I its not getting any better or is getting worse go back to him. Of course it may be different for your bunny - I don't know how serious her infection is :)

Hope she gets better soon :)

Hi :wave:

You'd be surprised how long one of those tubes last, if I remember rightly when Heather had eye drops the vet said to aim for 2 weeks? Then I its not getting any better or is getting worse go back to him. Of course it may be different for your bunny - I don't know how serious her infection is :)

Hope she gets better soon :)

That's true. My buns do chew their claws, so the vet was right in that respect.

However, I'd say if you weren't happy look for another vet - there's bound to be a good one somewhere near you.

That's true. My buns do chew their claws, so the vet was right in that respect.

However, I'd say if you weren't happy look for another vet - there's bound to be a good one somewhere near you.

Its a large practice... I just need to avoid that one particular vet... the others there are very good. It was just my bad luck I got him today .. next time I will ask specifically for someone else :)

I agree those little tubes last longer than you would expect, Beau had some ages ago and some of the rats have used them and I remember being shocked at the size the first time, and their eyes cleared up in about a week and I am sure I did the drops for about 2 weeks same as already mentioned x

Back