• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another new addition - weight update

Doghouse135

Mama Doe
I popped into P@H today to pick up a few supplies. I chatted to the girls for a bit as they all know me in there due to the unbelievable amount of money I part with in their store :?

They said they were hoping I'd be in and gestured for me to have a look in their adoption section.

I saw a little piggie in the adoption section with a notice that said 'could be pregnant' :shock:

There were several people looking at her - all of which I was determined wouldn't have her - I think they were thinking pound signs whereas I was looking at this tiny little scrap thinking 'Oh my goodness - I hope you're not' :(. There was a couple that looked as though they might want her that were 'chavvy' at best and downright scummy at worst - she was NOT going home with them if I had anything to do with it.

Anyway, it turns out she was dumped in her cage outside the store at 4 o'clock in the morning with an older male. The security guards took them in, gave them some food and water and then left them for the staff to see to when they came in later that morning.

She is absolutely gorgeous but very young. Only time will tell if she is expecting but I'll weigh her later to try and 'guesstimate' at her age. I would say she's somewhere between 4 and 6 months.

She's not stopped eating since she's been here and already seems a little more relaxed.

I'll try and take some photos of her a bit later. Regardless, Gabriella is here to stay :love:

Last edited:
Here's my little beauty - she doesn't look small in these photos but I can assure you that she's not very old. She's going to need building up :D

Gabriella001.jpg

Gabriella003.jpg

Gabriella005.jpg

Poor little munchkin! :( Loads of 'Not pregnant' vibes. What happened to her partner, is he being rehomed seperately?

Last edited:
Poor little munchkin! :( Loads of 'Not pregnant' vibes. What happened to her partner, is he being rehomed seperatly?

Yes - he's already been rehomed. He was twice the size of her so 'could' be her father I guess :shock:

I've just weighed her and she's only 550g so she's still very young - I'll need to look at my previous weight charts to work out a rough age.

Well I've weighed Gabriella again today and she's 680g :shock:

She's been eating extremely well but is getting rather rounded sides - I think I might have to accept that she's expecting mini pigs :roll:

I haven't handled her too much just in case but she's eating very well - plenty of fresh food, nuggets, hay and Graze on.

She's such a sweetie

680 already :shock::shock::shock:

Mmmm - I was hoping that it was just the increase in food but I'm not so sure. I think I keep seeing her sides 'twitching' but I'm not sure. When I had other pregnant sows here, they were a lot calmer and therefore I could sit them on my lap and cup my hands round them to feel the babies moving.

She's still too skittish to do that with so I'm just leaving her to chill and eat. She's already a lot calmer than she was, but we've still got a way to go

Oh my goodness, I cant believe people can just dump it outside PAH. Thank goodness for those security guards and how good of them to feed and water them.

Lucky for Gabriella that she is now with you being cared for a looked after. Well done for making sure she gets a lovely home. It sounds from what you;ve said she could well be pregnant and if so I hope that all goes ok.

Back