• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit memorials

KTJ

Alpha Buck
I have just been out and bought a gorgeous china bunny just like Smooch and have placed it in the garden where I used to sit and cuddle him. I have written a poem but got too upset to read it out loud :cry:

Just wondering if anyone else has done a similar thing?

I don't actually have Smooch's body, I chose not to bring it back from the vets because I found it too distressing, but I know he is now pain free, and his soul, (in my mind, there IS such thing as bunny Heaven) is now running around nomming on grass and meeting other bunny's that have gone to the Bridge, which right now, is my only peace of mind.

What a lovely thing to do :), I'm sure you'll find it a great comfort to have a memorial for him. We have a 'pets corner' in our garden for the various guinea pigs, budgies etc. It has a nice rose bush and a memorial stone. Whenever we see it we think of our passed on friends.

Awww, for some reason, I never considered buying a plant/flower, but it's something I'd love to do, it's a lovely idea. My boyfriend is round mine today and he's being great, I just keep having little break downs! The memorial is so pretty, I'll upload a photo later, and yeah you're right, going up there and seeing it makes me happy knowing he's not in any pain anymore xx

That’s so lovely :)

I chose to have Luna’s ashes returned, but Sassy and Lily are buried in my parents garden 220 miles away so I don’t have them ‘here’ with me. Instead I scattered Luna’s ashes across 2 dwarf cherry trees in patio pots and I hung a small wooden ornament, 2 bunnies inside a heart, from one of the branches. Even though only Luna’s ashes are there, I like to sit inbetween the trees and think of them all :)

I just had this made for Mack and Mabel

MackandMabelsstone002x2.jpg

coco1200 made a necklace for me made with pearl's fur in a see through resin. its been a real comfort to me :love::love::love:

Snowy- that memorial is absolutely stunning. Do you mind if I ask where you got it done? It truely is beautiful.

Donnamt- I think I saw a thread about that, I never knew anything like that was possible. The photo's I saw (can't quite remember if it was yours... it was like a pearly white glass one) was gorgeous. I wasn't strong enough to bring Smooch's body back and I assume whatever the vets do with them it would be too late to ask for a bit of his fur now, but the idea behind it is so unique, I love it.

Snowy- that memorial is absolutely stunning. Do you mind if I ask where you got it done? It truely is beautiful.

Donnamt- I think I saw a thread about that, I never knew anything like that was possible. The photo's I saw (can't quite remember if it was yours... it was like a pearly white glass one) was gorgeous. I wasn't strong enough to bring Smooch's body back and I assume whatever the vets do with them it would be too late to ask for a bit of his fur now, but the idea behind it is so unique, I love it.

yes that was mine :love::love: i doubt they will still have the body now, i think they send them off to be cremated straight away. not 100% sure though.

Back