• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jasmine has to have her incisors out :(

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
Been to the vets today for her regular check and one of her incisors had grown and curled right up to the roof of her mouth.....shes been having them burred every 4 weeks and its either do that for the rest of her life or have them removed.

Theyve been burred for today and hopefully next month she will have them removed .....I've not had a gummy bunny before :?

I'm contemplating whether to get this done with mine- i think its' worth it to relieve the 4-6 weekly stressful vet visits. Good luck with this :)

I have a semi-gummy bunny.......Herbie came to me after having his incisors removed, but one of the bottom ones keeps growing back in. He has been having it burred every month and i am contemplating putting him through the op again, although it might just grow back in again!

The only thing i have to do different is cut up his veg, he manages hay and pellets fine.

Oh bless her - she'll be fine I'm sure Davina without them. Arthur our gummy bunny wolfs his pellets down like a good un!! He had 1 botttom tooth & a peg tooth that grew back, which have been removed again.

She'll probably feel relieved when they've come out :)

My childhood bunny didnt have any incisors. We would grate his carrot for him and pull up grass but he managed everything else fine.

wish we could remove angels teeth, hers are too bad and roots to long that they cant do anything for her and her mouth disease is very bad at mo.
As long as vet removes all of the roots you should have no problems and bun will find it better than going to vets all the time.
Obv grate stuff and shred cabbage etc but no big problems. They learn to use there gums to an extent as teeth.

Sounds like Jasmine will definitely be better off without them.

Hope all goes well with the op. :)

Back