• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is best for Furby?

KTJ

Alpha Buck
Yesterday I lost one of my 2 male 12 week old bunnies, Smooch. I have woken up today feeling lost and extremely upset still, but I need to put Furby first and do what is best for him as he has just lost his brother (although he's dealing with it A LOT better than I am considering all last night and this morning he's charging round my bed binkying).
I have a few questions, and if anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Furby is not yet neutered as he is too young, so in the meantime, do I just give him as much attention as possible so he doesnt get lonely? I plan on putting him back with his 2 sisters when they are all "done" but that might not be for months.

The last 2 nights he has slept in my room... is it ok to keep him inside with me/company? Or should he really be put back outside in his hutch?

Furby only seemed "down" when I picked him up from the vets and Smooch wasn't there, (as I was advised to take them in together) but since then, he's been on my bed with me and seems absolutely fine- already putting holes in my duvet!

Anyway, any advice on how to look after Furby now his brother has gone would really be appreciated xx

First of all I would like to say that I am so sorry for your loss, it is devestating when you loose a very much loved fury member of the family.
If it were me then I would keep him indoors with you, that way like you say he will not be loney, get him neutered asap then if you would like to you can start bonding with his sisters.

Yesterday I lost one of my 2 male 12 week old bunnies, Smooch. I have woken up today feeling lost and extremely upset still, but I need to put Furby first and do what is best for him as he has just lost his brother (although he's dealing with it A LOT better than I am considering all last night and this morning he's charging round my bed binkying).
I have a few questions, and if anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Furby is not yet neutered as he is too young, so in the meantime, do I just give him as much attention as possible so he doesnt get lonely? I plan on putting him back with his 2 sisters when they are all "done" but that might not be for months.

The last 2 nights he has slept in my room... is it ok to keep him inside with me/company? Or should he really be put back outside in his hutch?

Furby only seemed "down" when I picked him up from the vets and Smooch wasn't there, (as I was advised to take them in together) but since then, he's been on my bed with me and seems absolutely fine- already putting holes in my duvet!

Anyway, any advice on how to look after Furby now his brother has gone would really be appreciated xx

I am so very sorry for your loss its very very upsetting isn't it:cry:
I had sister netherlands and unfortunately lost Daisy in March, her sister Snuggs seemed fine for a couple of days but then turned into an evil bunny:(
She started biting everyone, wouldn't eat, come out of cage, was very angry spraying wee at everyone and everything and even growled at my partner:(
My mum went out and got a 10 week old mini lop and since they were bonding Snuggs is like a new rabbit!!
She will now let you cuddle her, eats out of hands and today I even got my first lick:love:
I defo think rabbits need a partner xx
Claire xx

Sorry for you loss.

To be honest he sounds like he's doing pretty well. I think I would keep him inside in the interim so he has as much attention as possible. He should be fine then until you can bond him with his sisters.

Back