• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giving up a 7yr old rabbit UPDATE he is here

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
I have had a phonecall today off someone giving up their 7yr old rabbit they have had from being 6wks old because his wife as started sneezing:roll:
How people can live with themselves is beyond me:?

Last edited:
Poor rabbit - he deserves better!! :roll:
I would struggle giving up an animal I have had for 7 days let alone 7 years!!

Hopefully he will get a lovely new home and gets spoilt rotton

I took two cats in last Thursday as the woman was going she said if for any reason you don't like them then get in touch , I turned to David and said NO CHANCE they are part of the family already:D

i have started sneezing, can you take 8 rabbits and 2 dogs, its got to be them and not my hayfever :wave:

I sneeze a lot, can you take my giant land snails, please?

One of my current foster bunnies is 6 years old. He's the cutest little thing, and his girlfriend is also very pretty. They had to go because the dog didn't leave them alone.:roll:

In other words bunny is getting old and needing vet treatment and they dont want to give up their beer and ciggy money to pay for it.

As for allergies, we sell allergy wipes by the box load here, mainly for people with dogs and cats but also good for smaller pets too, so there is always a way around a problem if people can be bothered to try it.:roll:

Such a shame.
Only concellation is that the bunster has a safe happy place with you now x

id give anything to get a rabbit to 7 years old :cry:, i have no idea how they can part with a soul theyve shared their lives with for so long :cry::cry:

id give anything to get a rabbit to 7 years old :cry:, i have no idea how they can part with a soul theyve shared their lives with for so long :cry::cry:

Yep, same here. Most of us would be doing the 'I don't want to think about it but X is getting old now' and gently preparing ourselves that they are not there forever.:cry::cry::cry:

Just an excuse, probably as somebody said because vet bills may start.
Deli, our dalmation, was booked to be PTS because her owner's grandson was allergic to her, Deli was 12 at the time, strangely she had a huge wart on her eyelid which meant she couldn't close her eye properly- obviously that had nothing to do with the descision.:roll:
Deli is now 13 and a half.:D

I'm on a free/trade group for Swindon on Facebook, it's good because all the animal sales get deleted off whenever the admin is online but I did see one last night that made me sad

"11 yr old Labrador for free - had him since birth but new bf doesn't like him! So he's got to go lol"

:cry:

I'm on a free/trade group for Swindon on Facebook, it's good because all the animal sales get deleted off whenever the admin is online but I did see one last night that made me sad

"11 yr old Labrador for free - had him since birth but new bf doesn't like him! So he's got to go lol"

:cry:

Get rid of the boyfriend, would be my advice.

Back