• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How high can rabbits jump????

briony_y

Young Bun
I left Tink in a pen in the living room today whilst I was at work as thought she'd be ok and was enjoying herself. she likes being in the same room as my guinea pigs and gets really interested when she can hear them talking!

Anyway I built her a huge C&C run which I make two cubes high! I measured it and it is 2ft 4. Anyway I came home and she was running loose around the living room and had been sat on my couch as there were loads of poos on there!

I can not understand how she jumped that high to get out of the pen! neadless to say she will not be allowed in the pen again without supervision :oops:

Does anyone know how high they can actually jump? she is only 9wks old!

Oreo and Charlie can jump out of a 2 cube high pen easily - which is the same height as yours - they can also climb!!

I peg a sheet over the top or clear plastic!!

Little monkeys :roll:

Wow didn't know they could climb! I will try the sheet approach or maybe use a fleece as I have tons of the things as use them for my guineas when they are in playpens!

yes - this is mine with a sheet pegged on - put make sure you dont leave any gaps because if yours is like Oreo he will find any gap - no matter how small!!

Once a escapee always an escapee!!!!

CIMG0967.jpg

Also be aware the gaps they can squeeze into and under!! This is Oreo again UNDER my wardrobe which is a 1.5/2 inch gap - I had to lay flat on the floor to take this!!

CIMG1116.jpg

We've had a boarder jump from floor to roof of a 6ft triple hutch before and I dont know how true this is but it was given as a factoid on the radio the other day and they said the highest that a rabbit has been recorded having jumped is 14ft!!!!!

I have had a 3 week old baby jump a foot!:shock::lol:

official world record in high jump for rabbits is 995 millimetres
long jump 3000 millimetres

2 of my boys have climbed up their wire netting several times - usually to about 2 feet high (they are dwarfs, so that's high for them!)

Where I used to work we had some 3 month old baby dwarfs in an open topped run (just while we cleaned their hutch out) - when I went to take them home one of them was sat on top of the edge of the 2' 6" high run, looking very smug!:lol:

I have a stable door on the shed, and the rabbits can clear the bottom door (about 4ft) easily! although when they do, do it they look a bit startled :roll::lol:

When I first got Delilah, we put her in a pen in the spare bedroom. She easily jumped it and on many occasions I found her asleep on the beanbag :love:

my honey will jump 3 ft over something or about 4ft on to something. The fat fluffs giants will have a go at jumping over the barn door to get back in to the barn which is about 5ft/6ft I think.

Rio Jules had a run with mesh panels which were 5ft. high. He kept escaping from it and I kept blocking up the tiniest of holes thinking he was squeezing through them until I saw him leaping over the top of the panels.:shock:

The run was immediately dismantled as I was really concerned that he could do himself some serious damage.

My little black lop can clear 4ft easily and is always looking upwards for things to try and jump:roll:

Back