• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on upsy

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
sorry taken so long - been to tracking was a bit of a rush!

Vet knew what he was doing :love:

He said the abscess shouldnt be causing so much salivation, for such little discomfort esp with the meds. So he thinks it could be a gut problem, so hes taken her off the rimadyl, as there seemed no benefit, kept her on the antibiotic (cant remember name) and prescribed something to get her gut going....he even suggested further exams to investigate, a scope, if he can use that

after then if the (antibiotic) shows no improvement then he'll prescibe strong penecillin which is unorthadox

but the abescc is in the bone....

but hes doing something! he said if she was in pain he wouldnt hesitate and would advice me accordingly but he says there are a few options yet :D

Sorry, just didn't know the background to her case...it's difficult to keep up with all the different threads :oops:

I know there are no hard and fast rules when dealing with rabbit abscesses, but in general I think abscesses in the upper jaw more tricky than those in the lower jaw...plus there's often dribbling to contend with, as with upsey.

Sending vibes xx

My vet told me today thats he uses Ronaxan (Doxycycline) with success on a rabbit with an abcess in the legbone Not sure whether that would work for your bun

Back