• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blackberry & Buttercup requested an extension U/D The grass is laid #11

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Blackberry and Buttercup requested that we build an extension to their side of the aviary.

They decided they didn't want to take turns in the big outside run with Clover & Dandelion anymore, and as their side of the aviary had some space in front of it they asked for a 'front lawn' to play in.

We consulted with Dandelion & Clover, who had no objections - they are quite happy to have the sole use of the big run on the lawn!

So today Batty Patty got out her tool box and started work on the extension. We'll be picking up some turf tomorrow and getting a lid made to fit(to stop Blackberry climbing over the side!) This afternoon they had their first look at their new garden-to-be. I think they like it!:D

BunniesextensiontorunApril2010023.jpg

BunniesextensiontorunApril2010028.jpg

BunniesextensiontorunApril2010031.jpg

BunniesextensiontorunApril2010062.jpg

Last edited:
Awwww they are such cute bunnies! :love: xx

Am sure they'll love it - and now you have to post pics of the finished thing too. (I love noseying at other people's set-ups! :oops:)

Lucky bunnies!! :D

I can't wait to rip out the two small gardens and low walls on our patio so I can get some paving slabs down ready for an outdoor set-up for our two. They'll probably never be out there full-time but it would be nice for them to have some outdoor space and I could give Hollie a proper digging box which may be more fun than digging the laminate! I'm not quite brave enough to give them a soil-filled box for indoors! Oh I'm waffling again! :oops:

Buttercup has the digging box in the bottom of the hutch at the moment - every morning I have to sweep up all of the dirt and put it back in the box! I'll be putting turf down,but I don't think it stands much chance!!!:lol:

Will put more pics on when the next stage is finished.:D

Have just been to get the turf, and will hopefully lay it later this afternoon. It's soooo hot here today! Think I will wait til it's a bit cooler:lol:

:lol: What the bunnies want the bunnies get - love it, they are so worth it, they are adorable :love:

Batty Patty made the lid for the run this morning. We have the turf ready for to lay this evening when it's cooler. Blackberry came out at lunchtime to inspect the progress (Buttercup was sunbathing ans was not budging!!!)

Bunniesextensionapril27th2010and-4.jpg

Bunniesextensionapril27th2010and-1.jpg

Bunniesextensionapril27th2010and-2.jpg

Bunniesextensionapril27th2010and-3.jpg

After the inspection he had to join Buttercup for a rest!

Bunniesextensionapril27th2010andeba.jpg

Both boys have been out for a bounce around their extension this evening - Buttercup even managed to binky! (Blackberry expressed his joy by trying to hump Buttercup....:roll:)

The turf was laid first thing (6.30!) this morning - the boys couldn't wait to get out there and explore it. Buttercup spent the first 2 hours bouncing!!!!:lol:

Once they'd gone back in for a rest Batty Patty made a little digging corner for them, edged with bricks. It all looked very ornamental.....for about 5 minutes!:lol:

They want to know when they're getting the fountain next!:roll:

How it looked when it was neat and tidy (before the bunnies entered!)
Bunniesornamentalgarden006.jpg

Buttercup was keen to look around...
Bunniesornamentalgarden020.jpg

...with Blackberry not far behind.
Bunniesornamentalgarden033.jpg

They approve of the digging corner....
Bunniesornamentalgarden037.jpg

...a few minutes later....
Bunniesornamentalgarden061.jpg

It was a bit of a problem getting them back into the aviary ready to go to bed tonight - they've hardly been out of their garden all day!:lol:

I love your setup and the digging area is great, you've made me think I could do more with my hutch/run set up

Back