• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the best outside run?

I let my rabbit run around our garden, but theres a gap beteen the garge and a house and my rabbit has got out on the street many times before. So I started thinking about to get him a outside run but I'm not sure what is better, a wooden one or a metal one.

Would it not be possible to block the gap? I'm sure you don't anyway, but please don't let your rabbit loose in the garden unsupervised. :)

We never leave ours unsupervised even when we had wooden ones. The metal ones are quiet good (when supervised) with a net curtain or something over. In fact, even though mine comes with a lid I'm tempted to use a net curtain anyway as it's fiddly.

You can make big runs by buying Aviary Panels and screwing them together to form a secure run in whatever shape you want. Remember to secure the bottom/floor too, rabbits can dig!

I prefer wooden. :D No offence to anyone that uses metal, but I think they just look like a square of metal in the garden! :oops: I prefer more character- if that makes sense! :roll: :lol:

I prefer wooden. :D No offence to anyone that uses metal, but I think they just look like a square of metal in the garden! :oops: I prefer more character- if that makes sense! :roll: :lol:

Personally I think our metal one blends in much better as you kind of see through it rather than seeing this wooden box. The green lid probably helps to blend in.

Here's a pic of ours side by side, kinda.

_IGP7133-vi.jpg

I understand that we all have different opinions. :) However my opinion is that I prefer the wooden ones. I think they look nicer in the garden, as they look nice and tidy and not like metal cages. Of course they're not cages but that's just my opinion. I hope no one takes it personally. I'm sure your buns love them! :D They are good cos you can make them as big as you want, but I still love my wooden ones! :D I'd just be too worried to leave my lot in a metal because I don't think the lids are secure enough. ;) i can't stay with my buns all the time as I go to school (I'm 14) So I like to know they are as safe as they can be when I'm not there.
This is the wooden run that I have, it's 7 x 5 x 2ft:

DSCF4064.jpg

DSCF4068.jpg

Back