• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stoats, Wessels and Ferrets/polcats

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
We have quite a number of ferrets/polcats and soats/wessels (i can't tell which is which) running around the farmyard at the moment. I was watching one running along the walls of the barns on Friday, not in the least bit bothered that i was there. I am very concerend about the buns with them around, the shed is as secure as i can make it against foxes etc but ferrets/polcats, soats and wessels are entirely different to foxes, they can squeeze through small spaces. I'm actually really worried and keep lying in bed wondering if i can hear them, do you think they won't bother with my shed given the vast numbers of wild buns etc around?

what no minks as well

i have these round my area, they do indeed get through small spaces, other than digging a trench filling with concrete or brick, and using thick wood and smaller mesh, you can only do your best :(

what no minks as well

i have these round my area, they do indeed get through small spaces, other than digging a trench filling with concrete or brick, and using thick wood and smaller mesh, you can only do your best :(

There are mink but i've never seen one, i have seen the damage one did to an old gp of mine 15 years ago though, that was awful!

I have small mesh on the doors to the shedand the floor is all concrete slabs, i just hope they leave my bunny shed alone

Back