• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
The last bale of hay i bought was awful, the buns refused to eat it, so today when i went to feed place i asked about the different hay they do. They said for rabbits they do a softer hay for a little bit more money.

So i agreed, it was 4.90 a bale, i usually pay 4.20 and its GORGEOUS!!

Its very soft and smells lush.

We bought two bales! The buns love it :love:

Problem = solved, all i had to do was ask :D

Photo012-4.jpg

OOOooooo I'm going there on Thursday for some bedding so will ask to take a look, although I only give ours dust free generally other than treat hay, they are fussy little devils

OOOooooo I'm going there on Thursday for some bedding so will ask to take a look, although I only give ours dust free generally other than treat hay, they are fussy little devils

its lovely, i am pleased. never had dust free, wont start either :lol:

did you get my message about a cover for the hutch? just curious? :wave:

Hiya - yes I have , sorry, been chasing the company who make them cos on having a closer look they stupidly only cover the top tier of the hutch, so poor bottom bunny would get cold and wet:?
There is a brilliant guy on Ebay though who does made to measure covers very reasonably, his user name is c.a.b.j we had all ours for the boarding hutches made by him and he has also made some for Bunymadhouse at the rescue too I think

Hiya - yes I have , sorry, been chasing the company who make them cos on having a closer look they stupidly only cover the top tier of the hutch, so poor bottom bunny would get cold and wet:?
There is a brilliant guy on Ebay though who does made to measure covers very reasonably, his user name is c.a.b.j we had all ours for the boarding hutches made by him and he has also made some for Bunymadhouse at the rescue too I think

thats very daft.
yes i remember him, thanks, does he still make them? infact i will email him now if i can find him and ask how much it would be :wave:

I discovered an equine feed place literally down the road from me that does a compressed 10KG hay bale of the grassy stuff which they love. It costs roughly the same as the large farm bales I get.

It leaves me with a dilemma because i think both buns and pigs prefer to eat the grassier stuff but the pigs absolutely love running amok in the farm hay. Don't really have the space to store both. :?

got a quote he said 73 for the 6foot hutch and 83 for the 7foot hutch. i was very suprised, hope he noticed me saying "double hutch" not sure if he did as i think these quotes are very cheap?

hmmm..

got a quote he said 73 for the 6foot hutch and 84 for the 7foot hutch. i was very suprised, hope he noticed me saying "double hutch" not sure if he did as i think these quotes are very cheap?

hmmm..

Nope they sound about right going by what he charged us for the triples :D

Back