• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please can you post so i can show it to vets?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:wave: Our vets have all said theyve not seen any buns with adverse reactions to cylap jabs at all.
My merlin had it severe last year but hed just been jabbed as he left the rescue.

mums bun has had the usual sore patch and scabs......which i didnt tie into her vhd jab till mum and i worked out when shed had the jab and when the lumps and scabs and raw patch had appeared.

i know my back up vet is savvy on this but i need to re eductae my local vet and those at the pet hospital!

i am sorry but the meds and depression have made me forget everything...but i recall a aldy here who complained to the manufacturers of cylap and she had pics of her buns.

i have searched but all threads are pretty hard for my brain to connect the dots:oops:

please post your buns story be it the vhd limp or the scalded skin syndrome as i refer to it.

then can it be made a sticky for all bun owners and for vets who can access this site like our old vet rob used to.

Please everyone i need to make sure more vets are made aware of the horrific side effects of cylap to ensure everybun has the lapinject.

thank you so much.i can tell them to come here and look for the sticky then.....or maybe can burn it all to discs..im not techie so am only guessing:oops::lol:

Alvin got the limp the first year he had it. nothing since.
he did have some small scabs last year but he'd just had stasis and i think it was from the daily injections of gut stimulant, metacam and fluids rather than the VHD jab.

Pearl got quite horrible scabs the first time she had it. but again no reaction the year after even with her immune system being poorly because of her heart issues.

I was talking to a friend of bunlovers a few days ago whose buns had a limp from it but i don't know her RU name. Try searching for Cyclap adverse reaction on here? -sue:wave:

Thank you all for the input and help...great guns guys:wave:

hmm jane..second link has pics missing!

yes the official site is perfect BUT she has No experience neither have the other vets of ANY reaction to cylap by ANY buns.

just pot luck or has the side effetcs of said buns not been linked to the vaccine and diagnosed as a probelm seprately because no one relaised the vaccine could be at the heart of it.

i am getting nikki to download merlins pics onto a disc for ellen too. i cannot belive its not on his notes..i know he never had his jabs here but at the rescue but i went to the vets and provided his vaccination card and
told him id seen it in my first bun with vhd jab..and i told him how my buns had been having lapinject and no skin probs or being very off colour.
no record of it on c omputer...now bergties blood tests and blood serum for his eye ulcers has been missing since gods only know when..no wonder pet plan underpaid me!!:censored:

hopefully someone will be able to locate it..i hope !

thank you folks

My Vin had a bad reaction to the Cylap last year and got a scabby oozy bit on her back, which was treated with Fuciderm. My vet said he would get the lapinject for her this year (I love my vet) from another practice.

I think I took some pics at the time but don't know if I still have them or not, I'll see if I can find them.

Feel free to print out my report on www.englishrabbit.org.uk/cylapreport.pdf and show it to the vet, tell then that Fort Dodge paid out for over £200 of treatment for my rabbits without seeing a single picture as evidence! You could also PM Bunnieshaven on here, she had problems with her rabbit billy, cost her £361 which they have also repaid!

The fact that the data sheet was amended last September to say that UP TO 50% of rabbits may have a palpable reaction should surely be enough for vets to question why it is still so widely used, I personally feel that a lot of people do not realise that these reactions are linked to use of Cylap, either because the owner doesn't notice, does notice but doesn't take the rabbit to the vet, and even when they do the connection is not made, and even when people suspect it is the vaccine that is responsible, I wonder how many vets report it to Fort Dodge?

Last edited:
I don't have anything of use to say to help you but would just like to add that if it wasn't for RU. I would have no idea about the different types of the VHD vaccine. At my last vets they used lapinject as standard but where I go now I have to request that they order it in for me as I don't want my two having the cylap jab.

I think it's just a case of making people aware and letting them see the evidence (it's unfortunate that so many buns have to suffer the side effects though). Good on you for trying to make a difference :)

Herbie had a bad skin reaction to the Cylap last year. This was the 5th time that he's had this vaccination and has been perfectly fine the 4 previous times.

Herbie_VHD%20reaction.JPG

Tracy
x

An evil reaction to Cylap was what led me to RU! They had the limp really badly, were shaking, and were generally very unwell for some days.

thank you folks...i really love you guys for helping me here.
nikki w3as too ill to put merlins photos on disc or the other pics on here...BUT i did write down all the links and went in with a positive attitude.

ellen said unfortunately animed are actually owned by a company called CVS and it is their descision to only use cylap and not let vets order in lapinject for the odd rabbit or two:censored:

she actually told me to ring our back up vets and ask them to do it!

she was actually interested in reading up on it so i hope she does. she said shed never had a reaction other than a little lump under the skin.

i said to her owners wouldnt link it to the jab as it does take a few days to a few weeks to have the reaction at its worst. Each case obviously varies.
So shes taken the list off me to read.

it might help her diagnose effects but sadly she cannot stop the company insisting on only ordering in the cheaper vaccine.:(

no i know what one vet meant when he resigned after several months of being there...he said he couldnt work for a veterinary practice that was in effect being run as a business not a veterinary practice:shock::shock:

Back