• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New stray Bunnie

New Bunnie

New Kit
I did post a message but I cannot find it so I will try again. As you can see I am new to this. I have rehomed a stray Rabbit which was found just running around the street probably for a few weeks/months. We have a hutch and a large enclosed run 12foot by 5 foot and about 4/5 foot heigh but this rabbit can still climb and scale the fence. Can anyone help me to settle her in, she is friendly enough and lets he stoke her but she just wants to get out all the time really do not want to confine her to a hutch for the rest of her life.

PLEASE HELP :cry:

Maybe one of the Mods would be kind enough to move it Rabbit Chat - hope someone can help and welcome to the forum!:wave::wave::wave:

Hello, welcome to RU! :wave: If you're keeping her (I assume you've tried to trace her owners?) I'd say you need to make the run higher, preferably with a lid as well, to stop preditors from taking her apart from anything else. It may be that she's trying to escape because she's bored and lonely too (it's possible she used to live with a companion, and buns are naturally very social anyway) so I can't reccommend adopting a friend for her enough. Is there a rescue centre in your area? many will even take care of the bonding for you, so you won't have to worry about that. :D

well done you

Safer with you than loose. What a fit bun to make it over a fence that high! A lid sounds like a good interim measure. And a friend sounds like the next stage. Trust will build up over time.

She will settle down soon, she will still be a little frightened with her surroundings so just hang in their with her and she will soon settle and realise she is on to a good thing:D

I'm please she's with someone who will no doubt keep a close eye on her in the future. Poor little bun just set free to be run over or die of starvation. Good on ya.:thumb::angel:

a lid would solve the escape problem alternativly you could let her free range around the garden if you bunny proof it prehpas this is what she is used to? also if you have dogs or other "predators(including children lol)" then try and keep them away from bunny whilst she is settling.. put posters up in local shops contact al lvets near you and contact rspca and rabbit rescues also check on lost websites too as many people have lost pets and are desperate to get them home its not always due to them being dumped i hope you find its owner xx

Back