• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new to here

tiger1

Warren Scout
Hello i have just found this site and it has already helped be with lots of information. I have never had bunnies before and we are picking up are two new little girls on sunday. A lion and a dwarf bunnie. My three year old daughter has decided to call them Ruby and Angelina. Does anyone have any advice for a newbie? When i bring them home do you think its best if i just put them in their hutch and leave them alone for a day? I have a very excited 3yr old daughter and 21 month old son.:wave:

hello :wave:
yes try to stress them out as little as possible as this could make them poorly. i dont know that much either but if you have problems people on here are great! :D
introduce new foods by just a little at a time.
are they going to be indoor or outdoor bunnys?

Hi and welcome! :wave:

How old are the buns you are getting? If they are young you will need to be extra careful with their diet.

It is best to leave them for a good day or two without really handling them much to let them settle in, just feed and change water etc the less stress the better! If possible get lots of bedding from where they are living at the moment and put that in their new house so there are familiar smells!

thanks for advice. They are 11 wks old and i will be keeping them outside.I will ask about having alittle of their bedding but not sure if they would give it to be because its a large enclosure in a pet shop.:D

Also do i need to get them neutered? I have read on the internet that they may start fighting as they get older if they have not been done.:wave:

Back