• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bentley's been really discouraging me

AriaSwan

Warren Scout
He is getting neutered on Wednesday, but he is so aggressive right now. He was udner the bed eating the wall, so I offered him a piece of kale to coax him out. He grunted and lunged at me, snatching the kale and eating it. When he was done he picked him up gently and he kicked, so I held him tightly so he wouldn't fall and hurt himself, but he scratched he so hard when he was kicking he drew blood, and bit my finger really hard. He's always grunting and lunging at me and now I am kind of scared of him. Poor boy need to be neutered. But will he stop being this aggressive after I get him neutered? :(

Neutering should certainly help but...... my buns' are as gentle as can be and adore nose-rubs and fuss (they even get jealous of each other lol!) but they would react in a similar way if I tried to pick them up for a 'cuddle' as they hate being picked up. Hollie caught me and made me bleed just the other day when I picked her up and put her in the carrier for her myxi. vaccs.

Rabbits are prey animals - generally it's far better to interact with them on *their* terms - they usually prefer their paws to be firmly on the floor. So I would suggest that you don't pick him up or attempt to pick him up unless it's totally necessary as you're far more likely to build up trust with him if you don't pick him up.

But neutering should make a big difference in him xx :) xx

He used to be very gentle, until about two weeks ago. He loved being petted and didn't mind being picked up, but now he lunges at me even when I'm not paying attention to him. So I think his aggression is hormonal.

He used to be very gentle, until about two weeks ago. He loved being petted and didn't mind being picked up, but now he lunges at me even when I'm not paying attention to him. So I think his aggression is hormonal.

I still wouldn't pick him up - especially if he is feeling hormonal as it may make him worse and you are obviously putting yourself in a vulnerable position too as if he's in your arms and decides to bite there's not a lot you can do about it.

I'd just give him some space and interact with him on his own terms. Hormonal or not his aggression is real.

I still wouldn't pick him up - especially if he is feeling hormonal as it may make him worse and you are obviously putting yourself in a vulnerable position too as if he's in your arms and decides to bite there's not a lot you can do about it.

I'd just give him some space and interact with him on his own terms. Hormonal or not his aggression is real.

Okay. ::wave:
But, he is being destructive and I have to lift him to put him inside his hutch, because I left him free-range mostly but he goes in his run now because he's eating the walls, floor, mattress, bedspread etc.

Can you not attach a pen to his run so that you don't have to lift him up?

Or use a carrier to move him? x

Hopefully once neutered he'll become a sweetie-bun' again! :p

Yeah, and his run is big, so he doesnt NEED to free-range, he will be fine for a couple days, his run is large.

Back