• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where did you get your first bun from?

Accidental litter from a friend's rabbits down the road. I was 12 at the time. They got the buck neutered afterwards, bonded him properly with the doe and sold us the buck's 5ft hutch for our bun. Shame they didnt get the doe neutered but i think they did later.

"Free to a good Home" card in our village newsagent's window.

Luckily for us, it was a neutered and vaccinated bonded pair. Still got them, although Barney no longer has any eyes and Summer Pudding is a grumpy chinchilla nethie. Love them so much!

Second pair came from a rescue whilst researching somewhere to take a duck that needed rescuing.

very first bun was my mums and was from the adoption section in p@h, Sebastian is my first bunny and is from the adoption section bu in a diffrent p@h

My cat brought in a wild rabbit which I looked after, tamed and called Tinkerbell!! I do regret not finding this forum earlier though, as my second bun Flopsy was from a breeder... and if I had known about this before getting him, I wouldn't have been landed with a stubborn, overly confident rabbit which dominates 90% of my life and believes I am his slave, I might have been able to find a cuddle bun who appreciates all the work I do! :lol:

Teddy and Ruby are from a breeder :) Pixie was a "private rescue" off here. Bluebell was from Brinsley Rescue, and the Late Maximus was a P@H adoption.

Piggies and buns' are from BARC - I saw all of them advertised on here. In fact; John fell for Jack the very first time Angie posted a pic of him. :love: xx

And whilst searching for more pics of Jack (Gabriel as he was then!) just before pm'ing Angie to say we wanted to give him a home - I came across Angie's post about Hollie...... and having shown John the pic' he promptly suggested we pm Angie about Hollie at the same time! So we did! :D

Lottie was from a petshop. I didnt know anything at the time, i decided i was having a rabbit for my birthday, and we went out and got her the same day id decided i wanted one :? Very bad of me. Boy did i learn quick! The pet shop lady told me there was no need to vaccinate, she would need to live alone, a 4ft hutch was more than enough space and gave me russel rabbit to feed her on :shock: Its amazing how quick you learn! Now shes the queen bee :lol: xXx

i found a sanctuary through the freeads that was selling baby buns.

i suspect now that they wasnt a sanctuary after all tho :shock: the website was taken down within a month of me getting him and they never replied to my update email i sent :( oh and the fact the babies were from the dad escaping and making all the girls preggers didnt ring true either because they had different aged babies :lol::lol::lol:

love at first sight though and even if they had fessed up and said he was in a deliberate litter id have bought him home (he scratched my neck and i was sold) :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

this is the pic that made Ste pic him (i wanted the white spodgy one lol)
Alvinbeforeigothim.jpg

first 5mins home :love::love:
P10100103.jpg

Sooty was from a family friend - OH got her at 4 weeks old as she the runt and getting neglected and was at deaths door..I didnt even want a rabbit!

closely followed by Oreo from P@H (before I knew better) :oops:

I now have 4 :D

I got Radish from a pet ship as I didn't know any better and we wanted a house rabbit after moving into our first house.

Waaay back when I was about4 I had a white bun from a pet shop.
All my buns apart from Pie has been via pet shops (Pie was from a breeder :oops: )

Back