• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First pictures

Gertie

Mama Doe
:wave:

Here are a couple of pictures of Robert and Gertie (with my guinea pig who is seeking daytime company after losing his brother :cry:). They're not great pics, but I thought I'd share anyway. Robert is a mini lop x lionhead and Gertie is a good old fashioned sort of a girl (a bit overweight currently too). Robert's eyes always look weepy, he's on constant medication due to hereditory teeth/jaw issues which affect his eyes sadly.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I appreciate your concern, I know all about how some rabbits attack guinea pigs and how their dietry requirements differ, etc. My guinea pig does not live with my buns, he runs with them. He has done this with Robert since Robert was 8 weeks old and smaller than him.
I understand where you are coming from and I would never reccomend housing guineas and rabbits together, however, I know my pets and how they act/react and I have had no issues in the two years they have spent together outside. :)

Edit: Also, if you look, there are funny bits of wood which jut out into the run on either side about half way down? Those are there to take a removeable fence we have to enable us to separate the run. :)

Last edited:
:wave: welcome to the forum

Lovely pictures and very sweet bunnies and piggies but again it is not recommended to house them together, they are 2 very different animals! I would hate something to happen to your lovely GP!

Are you going to get your piggie another friend? Im sure he would prefer someone of his own species to talk to! :D

edited: sorry didnt see your last post

What gorgeous pics. I had two guinea pigs and a bunny who adored each other and lived happily together for 6 years. I would not do it again but you obviously know your animals and I know the pleasure each of mine gave to the other. Good luck with them all:wave:

aww, your guinea-pig is lovely :love:

and I used to have 3 female rabbits and a guinea-pig all living together and he was a spoilt guinea-pig all of the rabbits loved him, he would lay on there backs anything he wanted and they would let him. I love rabbits and guinea-pigs together and mine have always lived with rabbits, untill the last one died.

Thank you for the lovely replies.

I am seriously considering a new "brother or sister" for my little orange guy now. As we're full time workers, He's in the other half of the run alone all day as I can't supervise him with the buns. He used to have his brother.:( The buns have always been good when I'm here, but I use the partition when I can't supervise so I'm worrying he's lonely.
I think I need a young boar, but would my guy take to him?

Edit: Also, I am unwilling to get my guy neutered. Apart from my other half :)lol:) he's the only enitre male here, but guineas and unnecessary GA scare me. So unless I can find a lady already done, I guess it's a lad I need.

Last edited:
gorgeous, I do the same sometimes, my rabbits aren't together yet and Harvey loves to run with the piggies just for some company I think, Zero is a bit aggressive though so I don't dare try him! As long as you keep an eye on them I think it's fine, I used to have a piggie that lived with a rabbit when I was younger, one of my dad's friends gave them to us when his kids got sick of them, and he had a pretty ugly bump on his head that I now realise was probably from the rabbit. but if your guinea pig is alone he probably loves spending time with the buns :)

Please take the piggy out! Whilst your bunnies may not be aggressive, all it takes is one bunny going on one of their made binky/sprinting sessions and accidently kicking the guinea pig. Guinea pigs are so fragile - they really need company with their own species.

Saying that, gorgeous photos and lovely animals! :)

I agree, I would see if you can get him a male buddy rather than the risk of a GA. Although, nueters are relatively easy and a lot less invasive than spays. I have a little boy Acorn who was nuetered and came through with flying colours. He is now living it up with his 2 girlies. He is surrounded in girls cause he lives with 2 and then there are another 2 in the cage above him :lol: and his cage is all pink :oops::lol:

Last edited:
Back