• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding near Glasgow?

Joob-joobs

Mama Doe
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere near Glasgow that does rabbit boarding. My friend usually comes over and looks after them but I'm going away for a week this time and she has to rely on her o/h giving her a lift on his motor bike so it's a bit of a hassle for her. Plus there is also the threat of the fox coming back that I need to consider.

So, I'm thinking I would feel much better having them in boarding for the week. But I've never had to do this before, and would much prefer to go on a recommendation. Can anyone recommend a place? Within reasonable travelling distance of Glasgow but not too far as Skye gets quite stressed out in the car.

The dog is going to o/h's brother's for the week so he is sorted. But if anyone has any recommendations for pet sitters/ boarding for dogs then I'd be interested to hear them too. Just in case friends/family can't look after him in future.

Thanks. :wave:

I dunno of any, but will keep an eye out for any responses cos i'm going away next year and might need to use some sort of boarding.

Hey maybe we could start up a wee business here!

Hi Julie. Nice woman in Falkirk called Christine who takes in all sorts of bunnies etc. She has boarding hutches too. Might be too far to travel to I guess? Her rates are ridiculously low.

I use a pet sitting service in Falkirk called Tall Tails who are AMAZING but don't think they'd visit Glasgow?!! I think they would do boarding with people but I'm not sure. Again, it's quite far.

Fiona

Julie if you have to travel down past me i don't mind looking after them for a week, i can put up one of the spare hutches for them. let me know :D

Thanks guys. :D

Phil that's a very kind offer but I'm flying from Glasgow so not really heading down your way. Cheers for the offer. :D

wheres christine in falkirk can I ask

She lives in one of the streets just behind the big Tesco in Falkirk. Takes in a lot of unwanted buns. As well as anything really. She has her own way of doing things when it comes to her own bunnies, but she's one very cool lady and reliable if you need to board your bunnies. Has had a sign in P@H for ages saying she takes in unwanted bunnies etc.

Oh dear :roll:... here is the response I got from one of the boarding places I found online. My initial enquiry to them had asked for details on the hutches/runs and whether they make sure all guest are vaccinated... Hmm... wonder if they are aware of the minimal size requirements for buns.. it would seem not! :shock:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Julie

We have plenty of space for three rabbit from the 16-13 June. We have several hutches ranging from 4 foot to 3 foot depending on the size or quantity of the animals. The cost per night is £9.00.
Although we think its a good thing to have we do not insist on rabbit having it as less than 1% have been vaccinated. Please e-mail or phone 0141 *** **** if you have any question or would like to book.

Regards

mmmm, not good!!!

Is your bun outside?

I have three and they are outside buns... (I know I should stay away from the Rabbit Rehome section... but how cute is Peaches! http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=19631 ... maybe it could be four buns soon! Only if she fell in love with one of my male buns though... and the rescue did the bonding.. my nerves can't take it!! :lol: o/h has even agreed..... o/h so much to think about!)

if your stuck I would be more than wiling to have them here for the time your away

Thanks for the offer. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find somewhere close by... but obviously not in a 3 foot hutch! :shock: I'm still waiting on a couple of places coming back to me. :D

I was going to say i could have took em for a week, but i dont have any outside accommodation, was thinking if they were house buns x

Good luck!

Back