• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a rabbit advertised on facebook/marketplace

angieb

Mama Doe
<Admin Edit>

i spoke to her and explained my situation and she just wants the money. :(
i offered £50 but she still said no and that she wants to sell the hutch with him. basically she doesnt care what appens to him. :(

the rabbit used to be bonded with a girl a couple of months ago and now lives on his own.......

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry i should of really posted this on rabbit chat.....if its a problem could someone move it please. :)

I was going to offer a 'home' and rehome him myself, but can't get around the £90 bit :(

i did offer hm a home to be bonded with my 2 girls but she wont take any less as she says hes been nuetered and has a cage. i said well from a rescue there neutered and cost less than that.

your not allowed links :)

i saw a 2 story yesterday and it wouldnt fit my hamster lol
so that Why i said depends on the two story :)

I am sure I recognise it as one of elaine's rescues, but can't find my old piccies, but then all butterflys look the same until you have something to compare it too.

Local p@H sell for £27, there are very few breeders round here who sell over that price, the only way people pay £45 is through elaine, and they are neutered at that price :?

I am sure I recognise it as one of elaine's rescues, but can't find my old piccies, but then all butterflys look the same until you have something to compare it too.

Local p@H sell for £27, there are very few breeders round here who sell over that price, the only way people pay £45 is through elaine, and they are neutered at that price :?

she got it neutered herself i spoke to her and she paid £45 to get it neutered and she wants to get her money back.......:?

If she's really not budging, go tell her **** herself. :evil:

i more or less did and said that she was more interested in money than her rabbit going to a good home..
she replied by saying shes paid alot out and would only go down to £80.
after what i said i dont think she'll let me have him now anyway. :lol:

I know its hard, but you cannot help all rabbits. You also do not want to teach this woman that rabbits sell or she might get into breeding them. If you are thinking about the bun, offer to take it for free and then she can sell the hutch on its own.

I know its hard, but you cannot help all rabbits. You also do not want to teach this woman that rabbits sell or she might get into breeding them. If you are thinking about the bun, offer to take it for free and then she can sell the hutch on its own.

i offered her £50 for both and she wouldnt take it. somebody else has offered to take the rabbit on his own and she says she wants them to go together for £90 and the least she would go down to was £80. :evil:
ijust feel bad as she doesnt care to who the rabbit goes to cause she doest know me. :?

ihave just checked the listing. she has answered a few questions and she got him from a rescue over a year ago :?......so she lied when she said she paid £45 to get him neutered as most good rescues do it before they rehome them. :?
also aren't you supposed to inform the rescue before rehoming???? i might be wrong. :?

well lottielouise mentioned that he could be from one she knows and how do you find out if he is?
i am so worried where he'll end up as her attitude was horrible. :(

ihave just checked the listing. she has answered a few questions and she got him from a rescue over a year ago :?......so she lied when she said she paid £45 to get him neutered as most good rescues do it before they rehome them. :?
also aren't you supposed to inform the rescue before rehoming???? i might be wrong. :?

Generally, when you adopt from a rescue, you are asked to return them should they not be suitable. However, "generally" is the operative word, not all rescues operate in the same way and not all neuter. So I wouldn't make any assumptions.

good luck.

Generally, when you adopt from a rescue, you are asked to return them should they not be suitable. However, "generally" is the operative word, not all rescues operate in the same way and not all neuter. So I wouldn't make any assumptions.

good luck.

^^^ This - a lot of people call themselves a rescue & they shouldn't be allowed to use the word. And others don't neuter, & if one has closed, they can't take bun back

Back