• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does this hutch look like a good deal?

:wave: Width wise is good (so glad you guys are still in feet and inches:lol: ) but I would be concerned abut the height. I think that means it's going to be around 16 inches each level once you've taken into account the seperating floor measurements etc. If the run is going to be attached and is tall, that should make that less of an issue. I think you've done well to find a hutch as aren't wire bottomed cages the norm over there ? (Happy to be corrected if wrong :lol: )

I agree as above - if you are having a run attached, perhaps you could remove half the upper floor, so its more like a 6ft single hutch with half a top deck? then there would be full height in the run and half the hutch?

3.5' divided by 2 would be 21" each level? Which should be fine :)

At $50 looks like a bargain to me :D

Surely the height is negotiable depending on the size of the bunny? I'd of said with a tall enough run, it'd be lovely. :D

does it not need to be 24" each level then? just curious....

It needs to be tall enough to stand upright and 2' is a nice round number but most bunnies don't need quite that much so a few inches less is usually no problem. Also it's less important if it's attached to a run, then the hutch becomes more like a warren and the run the field/exercise area. A lower ceiling can be a bonus in the bed area as it makes it more snug.

Thats pretty much as i thought. Good to know its ok to be a bit flexible! I agree some buns prefer to be outside with just a snug box to sleep in.

Back