• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Confused....

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
What can cause a buns spine/hips to become very visable...but not lose any weight?
Marnie has recently got very thin looking, but her weight has gone up and she is still eating and being her usual self.
She is drinking a lot at the moment, and the vet has put her on Baytril to rule out UTI. she also licks us ALL the time...which seems a bit weird too.
Anyone got any ideas?

Her hips were always very visable when she was here and she drank a fair bit. I was never really concerned as she was a good weight and always happy and flopped. I think it is mainly down to her breed, its the sort of shape they generally are :)

Her hips were always very visable when she was here and she drank a fair bit. I was never really concerned as she was a good weight and always happy and flopped. I think it is mainly down to her breed, its the sort of shape they generally are :)

Phew...I was just looking back at some photos and she looks a lot less slender in some of them so I was worried.
Was she a licker with you too?
It could just be where she is moulting and has managed to moult along her spine into a darker colour...I just worry I guess. Although the chocolatey brown on her nose is spreading...so goodness knows what she'll end up looking like :love:

Didn't lick me but then she wasn't here that long and I didn't spend the time with her that you do, which is exactly why we decided to rehome her :)

I think she is probably just finishing her growth spurt. As long as you check her weight every month or so and all remains stable I wouldn't worry too much just yet :wave:

Didn't lick me but then she wasn't here that long and I didn't spend the time with her that you do, which is exactly why we decided to rehome her :)

I think she is probably just finishing her growth spurt. As long as you check her weight every month or so and all remains stable I wouldn't worry too much just yet :wave:

:oops::oops:
She weighs about 2.9 kilos.
You say large but she seems so tiny next to my big fluffy monster!
We've come to the conclusion that she doesn't flop that much around us because she is just so nosey!
She loves to be in the middle of whatever anyone is doing :roll:
I'll try and get a pic of her

Noisette is on daily Baytril and I have always wondered if this is the reason I need to keep feeding her more (she eats a HELL of a lot of food) to keep the weight on :? Maybe its the same for Marnie? Don't let me get you worried though, just a speculation!

Noisette is on daily Baytril and I have always wondered if this is the reason I need to keep feeding her more (she eats a HELL of a lot of food) to keep the weight on :? Maybe its the same for Marnie? Don't let me get you worried though, just a speculation!

She has had a couple of courses of Baytrill recently, one for her sneezing which cleared up nicely and now one to rule out UTI.
The weird thing is that she isn't losing any actual weight, she just looks like she is :?
It's got to the point drinking wise that as a pair they're getting through a 1.1 ltr bottle in a day, sometimes a day and a half. Now I know Blue doesn't drink that much...he never has done. She'll try to steal anything you're drinking too :roll:

She has had a couple of courses of Baytrill recently, one for her sneezing which cleared up nicely and now one to rule out UTI.
The weird thing is that she isn't losing any actual weight, she just looks like she is :?
It's got to the point drinking wise that as a pair they're getting through a 1.1 ltr bottle in a day, sometimes a day and a half. Now I know Blue doesn't drink that much...he never has done. She'll try to steal anything you're drinking too :roll:

wow :shock: thats a lot of water to drink! She might just be like a human though, I easily drink 4/5 litres of water a day whereas someone might not even have 1 litre! I know what you mean about them feeling skinny because I always think that and I do get paranoid about it :oops:

Back