• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ants!

hannah C

Alpha Buck
ive noticed a few ants wondering around the run area today, does anyone know what i can do to get rid of them? obviously powders are not bunny friendly

Depending on whether the run is grass or not (or if you know where the nest is) you could try using Ant Nematodes - you can get them lots of different places.

I don't think the ants will harm the buns' though. I don't like ants as they bloomin' well protect and 'milk' the aphids that cause damage to my trees!

oh thank you for that! never seen this stuff befor will be looking for it on monday!

the run is on conrete and cant be moved unfourtunatly. hopefully tthis will work!

I had ants two summers ago (didn't have Benjy then) and they were a nightmare if they get in the house. I ended up using loads of powder to get rid of them but it took a while. Good luckx

If the ant nematodes don't work, one of the companies (Green Gardener) do a totally harmelss and safe powder that you can use around pets because it is literally ground up fossilised seashells of a particular type. It works on the ants by mechanical action - it dehydrates them. It is called DE - diatomaceous earth. It doens't look too sightly on the lawn but is quite effective i have found and works very well down paving cracks etc. Safe around buns. I don't use it near them but if they do get it on their paws it's not going to do any harm. :)

Back