• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

smaller dark poops from being outside..help

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
berties been off outside for a while and no tummy upsets..hes pooped like crazy not as big as could be but lots of poops all the same. Then last night he got a bit aggressive and i gave him metacam but he still went on until he fell asleep in ealry hours.

today i havent let him out at all..in fact im a bit worried..his poops are really a lot smaller than ever and black. im presuming its the side effect of eating grass weeds and dandelions every day but hes been fine until today.

hes not asked to go out....and is very quiet.

i dont want to give him metaclop unless the quantity of poo lessens dramatically. Am i cruell to keep him in with the curtains closed and the fan on in the lounge and me being very quiet as im still in agony with this migraine/neuralgia....

i need to let the litlies out but i think ill do that later when its cooler.

or maybe not as im the one stressing out about bertie. merlin will have to go in a pen and madam bif will get squirted every time she goes for him thru the bars. why is so mean when she has the entire garden to go nuts in.....does..never underestimate them!

Grass makes all bunny poop smaller and darker. That is normal don't worry. It's only if the quantity decreases or bun shows signs of withdrawl, tummy bloating and refusing food that you need to worry. This Spring grass is very full of sugar and rich at the moment so is a risk of bloat even if bun is used to grass.
We have been keeping the lawn mown before putting them out until the growth spurt of grass is over.
But yes, smaller darker more triangle shaped poops is quite normal with grass as it is much richer than hay and contains a lot of water and sugars so there is less indigestible fibrous waste (the golden larger poops).

Hope Merlin enjoys the garden and Bif behaves herself.:lol::wave:

Keep an eye on Bertie... but as long as the droppings keep coming he should be ok. :)

thank you hun......i knewgrass made poos darker but am so naive as normally i wait till summer before they go out...when the grass isnt as rich.

i have decided to keep him in for a day or so..hes on his metacam and has had to have metaclop.and a few hours ago he had two ml syringes of CC.
hes feeling better for it as hes eaten some hay....and some pellets and pooped a little.....and was waiting for me on the bedsettee for his half hour hug n cuddle:love:

poor merlin..got him outside only to find next door doing drilling into bricwork again....and some old guy yelling at either the dog or the kitten..
poor merlin had to be allowed in to hide upstairs:(

next door are only doing everything up to sell their house.....but the buns and the cats dont know that.

maybe make it a weekday thing only to take them out:lol:

Back