• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pixie nearly got out to the main road

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
Pixie was out in the garden yesterday. There's the 7ft hutch there for shelter, and she was having such a good time I left her whilst I went for tea at a friends.

I don't know what happened, but my gate opened. :shock: (I swear I had locked it before I went out. :?) Luckily my friend and neighbour noticed this and went to investigate! She first thought that Ruby and Ted had gone missing, but then saw them in the kitchen (as I'd left my back door unlocked, so she went in :oops:)

She shut Pixie in the hutch, and tried to shut the gate from the other side, to the best of her ability.

Problem is....she locked my back door (quite rightly) and took the key... By the time I'd got back last night she was in bed, so I couldn't go bring Pixie in. She has all she needs out there...but as far as I know she's never spent a night outside before!! :shock:

I want to go get the key so I can give her loads of snuggles!

The back gate opens onto a really wide pavement and then the main road.....Thank goodness she didn't go exploring! :cry: I would have never forgiven myself!

.......I bet she's in such a grump with me today!! :lol:

:shock: babe u should really be more careful security-wise! You're lucky it was a friend, not an opportunist burglar!

Silly billy Pixie, why are they always so determined to get where they shouldn't be? What good things did she think she'd find on the road?! Give her big snuggles from me! Is she the sort to make it known if she's in a grump?

:shock: babe u should really be more careful security-wise! You're lucky it was a friend, not an opportunist burglar!

Silly billy Pixie, why are they always so determined to get where they shouldn't be? What good things did she think she'd find on the road?! Give her big snuggles from me! Is she the sort to make it known if she's in a grump?

I know! I'm usually really meticulous about locking things!

I'm just glad Pixie's ok! She's not an adventurous bun, thank goodness!

She'll give me a glare or two....I might get some bunny butt...but will come around with noms! ;)

It might just possibly have been that somebody deliberately opened your gate, seeing her in the garden and thinking it'd be 'funny' if she escaped. Maybe just keep them in the house (with the door locked!!!) when you aren't home?

Have you checked your house to see if anythings missing? Not trying to scare you but if your gate was opened by a person and your back door was open while you were out I would check your not missing anything

The gate has a padlock on it. ...I locked the padlock...but just not to the gate! :oops: I last used the back gate a few days ago...it was night, and I was moving something to the new garden (normally I wouldn't go in and out of the back gate.)

I don't think anyone did anything...just a gust of wind.

(the buns are usually in, but with the good weather I thought she might like it :oops:! I've learned my lesson!)

It was my new next door neighbour that noticed the gate was open, and went to my friend to ask, as she was worried about the buns. I thought that was really lovely of her (we've only talked once).

Back