• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question?

Isis

Mama Doe
So I am laying here in bed, unable to sleep and this thought popped in to my head, how high can rabbit jump? I've seen my little lionhead Wispa jump 3 foot in the air.

Am I just the weird one that has weird thoughts laying in bed while trying to sleep.

So how high can rabbits jump?
And how high have you seen your bunnies jump?

well ive seen steve clear 3 foot easily but that was a running jump. from standing i recon around 2ft easy

Wispa was a standing jump, he is a house bunny and easily jumps on my bed, which is about 2 foot, but this was higher then my bed.

when we got Parsley we had to raise all the fences and childgates to 4ft and he just cleared 3ft in a standing jump!

Eric is a jumper and even from the age of 10 weeks he could jump over 3ft. He managed over 4ft last year! He is only a small Lionhead too, but has such poweful back legs.

Delly managed to jump her pen as a baby, which I think is 3 foot? And that was from a standing start aswell as the others.
She has also managed to jump onto my windown sill before from the floor! Which was a sort of half run up/half standing jump :lol:. Haven't got a clue how tall that is :lol:

hmmm

We were told 4 feet is the minimum sensible height for a wall or fence to prevent escape. Our elderly overweight pair easily hop up onto a 2' high raised border, no effort at all, so I feel the advice was right. Our walls are 5'-6' and the gates are 4' minimum.

Charlies pen is 3 and a half feet high. He can't clear it :lol: He can easily jump onto my bed and stuff but not the pen

matthew and tabitha as youngsters could jump onto the top of the puppy pen sides and scrabble over. they're too heavy now. they look, but don't risk it. matthew can get onto almost anything else he likes but then stands up there looking worried and waiting for a lift down!

Paddy can clear 3.5ft easily - he demonstrated this the other week by jumping over the pen divide into Jose and Rainbows pen :shock:

Mini can jump .75 of a metre, especially if she thinks it'll get her some food. She's my most adventurous one though, the others arn't so bothered.

Bea (My foster conti) could clear 5ft...we had to put 2 3ft puppy pens on top of each other for her pen :wave:

Back