• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nest building help please!

hannah C

Alpha Buck
jasmine has built a nest...completly fur lined too... i called the animal sanctuary to ask if she had been in contact with any males as we have only had her 3 weeks, (pregnancy around a month so wanted to make sure). the lady checked the records again for me and she hasnt and steve was nutered in september so shes not pregnant.

i know that sometimes females do build nests but what do i do?
leave her to it?
shes very grumpy tonight which is different for her but she is still eating. should i take the nest away?

and what about steve? hes grooming her and she doesnt seem bothered about him but is she likley to get grumpy with him.

wow lots of questions but this is my first doe and i dont want to stress her out.

ps she isnt spayed yet....she will be, she has a health check with the vet on monday and hopefully ill be given the ok then. shewas a little overweight and i didnt want to risk the op till she had lost some.

nest building please help!

Unspayed does often build nests:cry:this will stop once you have had her done though:) just leave the nest she will get fed up with guarding it in a few days then you can get rid of it:)she may be territorial about it so be careful as she may go for you:shock:
This is normal behaviour so nothing to worry about:)

Back