• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Axolotl ARTHUR

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
axo002.jpg

WOW!

I love them! They are so sweet!

What kind of water do they live in? Are they hard to maintain? sorry for the questions just curious :D

xx

It says here http://www.exotic-pets.co.uk/axolotl.html that they may try to eat each other's limbs.:shock: Do you keep them together/breed them?

Thank you for the photos. They're both gorgeous! :love::love::love::love::love:
Just looking at them put a smile on my face! :)

They do nip each other when babies if they dont have enough space as a female can lay 300 eggs,breeders keep tiny babies in small tubs with about 6 in each,Adults are fine together in a large tank,mine is 4ft,they live together and they pine for each other and make friendships with others as they live in groups,I am going to get a brown spotty axolotl when my tank is ready.They lie on top of each other in stacks

WOW!

I love them! They are so sweet!

What kind of water do they live in? Are they hard to maintain? sorry for the questions just curious :D

xx

They live in cold water and must not get too hot,the tank should be in the coolest place of the house
I had tiny babies which sadly died,I had read that adults are quite hardy,so when I saw these for sale I couldnt resist them
In pet shops,garden centres etc,they usually sell juveniles that are about 5-6 inches long
Caudata.org online is the place for good advice and info on care

They deliver them through the post??? Well i mean couriered ...still seems a bit dodgy!:shock:

Yes you can get them even on ebay and I would not recommend that,but the ones on that site are packed in special boxes and this is the method often used when a pet shop orders their stock,except this way they come direst to you

Back